Trauma Nurse Lead
Company: Chippenham Hospital
Posted on: April 10, 2021
SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you
enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Submit
your application today!
We are seeking a HIGHLY SPECIALIZED TRAUMA RESUCITATION NURSE. Our
Trauma teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a
passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Chippenham Hospital , a 466-bed acute care facility, is a Hospital
Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune s
100 , and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S,
where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of
Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for
advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia,
perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are
also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level I Trauma Center,
which allows us to provide fast, skilled care to more adults and
adolescents in our ER and Pediatric ER than any other hospital in
the area. We are proud to be the region s first choice for
orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health (at Tucker Pavilion) and
cardiovascular care (at Levinson Heart Institute).
1. Responds to trauma bays and travels with patient to CT, OR, ICU
2. Responsible for trauma bay readiness
3. Coordinates and triages incoming trauma patients
4. Reviews/evaluates all activations for triage level
5. Evaluates admission consultations
6. Manages care with primary trauma surgeon
7. Responsible for documentation compliance
8. Responds to in-house trauma patients critical needs
9. Facilitates psychosocial support
10. Mentors trauma nurse responders
11. Assist in training and in-servicing needs
12. Attends daily multi-disciplinary rounds
13. Identify and report trauma audit filters
14. Participate in scholarly activities
15. Functions as clinical liaison for pre-hospital partners
16. Facilitates trauma bay time outs and debriefings in
collaboration with primary surgeon
17. Proactively leads performance improvement activities,
interprets data and suggests changes based on performance
18. Tracks trauma quality indicators by patient and prepares case
write-ups for presentation at Performance Improvement Patient
Safety (PIPS) reviews and tracks decision and action items
19. Participates in PIPS process and assists and tracks activities
through to loop closure
20. Participates in trauma center survey preparation for State and
American College of Surgeons (ACS)and sees activities through to
21. Participates and lectures in trauma-related education such as
inservices, TNCC and other department driven courses
22. Participate in duties assigned by the director of trauma
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare
provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at
locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our
community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere s most
ethical company s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review
all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from
one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
Required: Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of
Virginia as a registered nurse.
Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
Health Care Provider or American Red Cross BLS, ACLS, TNCC,
Required Minimum One year in Trauma Care.
Why join HCA CJW Medical Center?
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program We are an equal opportunity
employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: lead, licensed practical, licensed vocational
nurse, lvn, med, med surg, nurse iv, nurses, vocational, vocational
Keywords: Chippenham Hospital, Richmond , Trauma Nurse Lead, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!