Registered Nurse RN - Sign-on Bonus Available
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Fort Lee
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It--s a calling. By
choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise. elow is a list of your responsibilities as a Registered
Nurse (RN) with Corizon Health:
- Responds to and initiates care for medical emergencies
throughout the facility. This includes the ability to perform
continuous CPR until properly relieved.
- Administers and documents medications on the Medication
Administration Record. Documents all nursing care provided.
- Performs histories and physicals on inmates. Assesses patient
health status and refers to appropriate level of healthcare
provider. Physically assists Physician in patient examinations and
treatments. Implements and follows up on Physician / Dentist verbal
and written orders.
- Teaches healthcare information to patients and correctional
- Collects samples, specimens and cultures per Physician
- Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in
disaster drills. Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and
controlled medications. Adheres to Universal Precautions and other
appropriate infection control practices.
- Performs venipuncture and I.V. therapy.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management Corizon Benefits (only
applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current valid state license for Registered Nurse.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical
competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
- Correctional officers provide security; however, some degree of
risk of verbal and physical assault from inmates exists. As in any
healthcare setting, employees may be exposed to communicable and/or
infectious diseases. Inside work with periodic traveling (inter and
intra state) to other locations with exposure to weather,
temperature extremes and hazardous road conditions. Frequent
standing and walking while presenting or performing job duties.
Adheres to site/contract specific on-call requirements.
- Employees must be able to perform the following:
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally.
Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down
flights of stairs.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and
endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and
emotional) situations encountered on the job.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies; must be able
to perform BLS. A background check, security clearance and drug
screening are required for this role. #INDRN Corizon Health is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with
federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants
are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Keywords: Corizon Health, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN - Sign-on Bonus Available, Healthcare , Fort Lee, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!