LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse- Private Duty Nursing
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Interim HealthCare of Richmond--is seeking--Private Duty Nurses
--- LPN / LVN--to provide home healthcare for our patients. A
Private Duty Nurse is responsible for taking care of patients with
medical care needs such as G-tubes, ventilators, feeding tubes, and
tracheotomy. Interim Healthcare is seeking experienced and
dedicated nurses with home care experience in the Henrico,
Chesterfield & Richmond VA areas.
- Follow a designated care plan in accordance with the patient's
- Observe client, perform assessments and record symptoms.
- Administer medication and provide treatments according
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and
evaluations pertaining to client care management and services
- Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekend work needed!General Purpose:
Provides effective and efficient patient care under the supervision
of a registered nurse and in accordance with the patient---s plan
of care, applicable law and regulation, accepted standards of
nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare
policies and procedures.Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited vocational school for LPN/LVN and
licensed to practice in the state in which employed. License is
active and in good standing.
- Prefer at least 1200 hours of experience as an LPN within the
last 12 months or participates in an office preceptor
- Recognize and report changes in the patient---s condition to
the RN supervisor.
- Complete timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing patient---s progress.
- Assist the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures
- Assist the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
- Assist the client in learning appropriate self-care
- Able to perform CPR.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Able to travel within geographic area serviced by office from
assignment to assignment.
- Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to protected health information (---PHI---)
necessary to fulfil the above duties and responsibilities.-- Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:--
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and auditorially observe the patient.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
and scheduling needs.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport the
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to effectively communicate, including the ability to read,
write, and verbally report clinical information to clients,
client---s caregivers and family, and agency staff.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks or
- Two (2) positive references.
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- Pass federal and state-required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations.Working Conditions &
- Work is--performed in the patient---s home.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
reach freely and assist patients with standing, walking and
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or
palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Richmond , LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse- Private Duty Nursing, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!