Registered Nurse RN Progressive Surgical Unit PRN
Company: Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemHenrico Doctors'
Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five
community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals,
West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center.Henrico
Doctors Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full
range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma facility,
offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a
comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and
groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national
trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant
Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we
lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci
- 63rdon Fortunes 100 List
- One of thelargest healthcare systemsin the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as aMost Admired Companyfor 3 consecutive
- Named by Ethisphere one of theWorlds MostEthical
CompaniesAboutProgressive Surgical Unit PSU:
- 12 private beds
- Types of patients include transplant, trauma, surgery,
critically ill, step down surgical unit etc.
- Fast pace unit that is a great stepping-stone to critical care
allowing a nurse graduate to develop foundational nursing skills,
learn medications, task management, and develop critical thinking
- This unit requires a nurse who can perform in a fast pace
setting and quickly learn task prioritization and time management
with the support of leadershipSee what the PSUteam has to
PSU Registered Nurse reports directly tothe unit Clinical Manager,
and is responsible and accountable for the deliveryof patient care
through the utilization of the nursing process in accordancewith
physicians' orders, established policies and procedures,
establishedprofessional standards, and administrative hospital-wide
- Previous experience working with step down/telemetry
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team. Qualifications
EXPERIENCERequired - Two years experience as an RN.Preferred - One
year experience in area of clinical expertise of which
applying.EDUCATIONRequired - Graduate of accredited School of
Nursing with current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in
the State of Virginia or compact license.Preferred - BSN degree or
currently enrolled in BSN ProgramWe are an Equal Opportunity
Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship,
age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected
category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local
laws.Notice Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Progressive Surgical Unit PRN, Healthcare , Mechanicsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!