Clinical Office Manager / Liaison
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40
years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states
and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and
children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care
for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically
ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical
settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of
Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based
tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and
telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide
high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of
almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced
practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts
who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great
care of the patient -. We invite you to join the Mednax family and
help shape the future of health care.MEDNAX has grown from a single
medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more
than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our
family of companies, we provide:
- Physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- Revenue cycle management solutions
- Performance improvement consultingWe invite you to grow with us
and help shape the future of health care.
- The Office Manager is responsible for the oversight of daily
operations of the physician office team.
- Coordinates the daily activities of the 2 physicians across 2
outpatient clinics and 3-4 hospitals.
- The Office Manager coordinates the daily activities of the
physicians, monitors workflows, assures appropriate training is
maintained, maintains the clinic and on call schedule, assists team
members in problem resolution, and provides reports of individual
and team performance to the Market Director.
- Displays exceptional customer service skills in responding to
all inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, outside agencies,
internal departments and coworkers when appropriate.
- Presents a positive, professional appearance and convey a
professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
- Responsible for outreach activities to local physician groups
and serves as liaison to Market Director and Mednax shared services
departments as needed.
- Assures that priorities established by the Market Director are
effectively communicated to the team and properly implemented.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and tracking data.
- May oversee reconciliation of revenue and expense logs.
- Ensures the completion of new hire training as well as ongoing
training to assigned individuals.
- Assists the team in problem resolution.
- Recommends solutions to the Market Director and escalates
issues when appropriate.
- Leads the team by creating a positive work environment
- Assists the Market Director with recruiting, hiring and
organizing interviews. Assists and leads on boarding tasks as
- Prepares and submits reports as required.
- Assists Medical Director, physicians and Market Director with
special projects and tasks as needed.
- Authorizes, coordinates, and monitors daily site activities
such as supply ordering, IT, maintenance issues, phones, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring the clinical team in meeting demands
of patient volumes and handling complaints should they arise.
- Distributes financial reports.
- Responsible for proactive management of physician and ancillary
schedules to ensure timely care of patients, appropriate daily
volumes and completion of all clinical documentation in a timely
- Responsible for proactive management of coding department to
ensure daily submission of properly coded fee tickets to the
regional business office.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA
regulations and Company policy.
- Responsible for following all facility, organization and
department precautions and procedures in the performance of all job
duties to ensure a safe work environment for self and others.
- Completes compliance requirements as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Position will be fully remote or Hybrid as needed.
Effective November 1st, 2021 MEDNAX will require all employees and
new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify
for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.Qualifications
- Office Based medical practice administrative experience
- Strong communication skills required.
- Prefer experience with outpatient physician practice setting,
marketing/communications and outreach.
- Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience Years: Minimum 3 years of medical office
- Experience Industry: Healthcare required.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Mednax, Richmond , Clinical Office Manager / Liaison, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!