RN Coordinator Transfer Center
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At HCA Healthcare we support our
colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN
Coordinator Transfer Center and access programs to assist with
every stage of your career.BenefitsHCA Healthcare offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our RN Coordinator Transfer Center opening and continue to
learn!Job Summary and QualificationsThe HCA Capital Transfer Center
handles the patient movement and logistics for over 19 HCA
hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across a 4-state region
including Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, and New Hampshire. Located
in Richmond, Virginia our mission is to assist in the clinical
placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of
our facilities providing timely access to care for our patients
when minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7
with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between
physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to
coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such as
STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth.As a member of
- You will be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and
hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- You will coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division
hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- You will work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call
center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic
database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and
- You will efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital
transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care
issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- You will work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all
internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed
- You will accept all hospital transfers. Must be proficient in
- You will apply your nursing knowledge derived from education
and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical
data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation,
communication, and accurate documentation.
- You will facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining
communication with all parties including but not limited to
attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- You will communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if
placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use
problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action,
which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the
- You will be responsible for documenting and tracking all
hospital transfers and transport.
- You will assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and
analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and
implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- You will exhibit excellent customer relationship skills
including telephone and personal contact with all of the call
center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs,
nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- You will establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and
knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services
and special programsEducation andRequirements:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state
- Minimum 3 years acute care RN experienceHCA Healthcare
(Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of
corporate roles from business operations to administrative
positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our
corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and
opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and
innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education
and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid
foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive
Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to
take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective
program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and
clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Coordinator
Transfer Center opening. Our team will promptly review your
application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Richmond , RN Coordinator Transfer Center, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!