Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Full Time Days 7a-7p, 36 hours per week, rotating weekends and
holidays Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another
employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity
and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out
what it truly means to be a part of an awesome Emergency Department
(ED) Nursing team! TriCities Hospital, your local community
hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the
surrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can
access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments
typically found in larger urban medical centers. A top performing
hospital recognized by the Joint Commission, TriCities Hospital has
also received recognition from the American Association of
Respiratory Care and our emergency room is stroke and chest pain
As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both
worlds-high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a warm,
welcoming and personalized environment. Recognized for four
consecutive years as one of the Joint Commission's Top Performing
Hospitals and have obtained The Joint Commission's disease specific
accreditation for our Hip and Knee Replacement Programs.
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
Why Join Our ER Team?
- 22--bed unit, Includes a Psych safe room
- Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center
- Normal daily volume is approximately 100 patients
- Close-knit team and great collaboration with physicians, other
units and management collaborative environment
- Gain a variety of experience with varying patient acuities
- You will have passionate managers who will motivate you and who
champion staff to reach professional goals ***For a limited time,
TriCities Hospital is offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus. 1 year of
RN experience required. Current HCA employees do not qualify.
***What Will You Be Doing? The Emergency Department RN provides
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks
and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. We'd
love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated
professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient
care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
What qualifications you will need:
- One year experience in Emergency services is preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's Degree
- Licensed a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or
has a Compact license.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 6 months
of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Advanced Life Support must be obtained within 6
months of employment start date
- TNCC and ENPC as available Why join HCA - TriCities Hospital ?
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Assistance Program We are an equal opportunity
employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER, Healthcare , Hopewell, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!