Charge RN Surgery Center $5000 Bonus
Posted on: November 20, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Works with the Facility Manager, facility
staff and physician to coordinate the facility operations and
patient procedures to ensure provision of quality patient care on a
daily basis in accordance with organization policies, procedures
and training. - Provides nursing support to patients and staff. -
Assist with staffing, staff training, equipment, physician and
patient relations, cost containment, supply management, medical
records, patient billing, OSHA and all company, state and federal
compliance. - PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting and driving Organization quality
standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice
of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of
Organization CQI tools.
- Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined
by the organization quality goals, by working with the Vice
President of Quality and other organization management to ensure
that organization/ASC policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse
events and action thresholds.
- Complies with all data collections and auditing activities and
maintains integrity of medical records and other organization
administrative and operational records.
- Supervises and directs facility staff in providing safe and
effective vascular access procedures to patients in compliance with
standards outlined in the facility policy and procedures manuals,
as well as regulations set forth by the company, federal and state
- Assigns and delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff,
including Staff RNs, Radiology Technologists, Front Desk
- Ensures adequate staffing through daily management of staff's
schedule, including breaks.
- Assess daily patient needs and develop/distribute patient care
- Routinely monitors patient care staff for appropriate
techniques and adherence to facility policy and procedures and
assist as necessary.
- Recommends and initiates disciplinary action in conjunction
with the Facility Manager.
- Assists Facility Manager with staff performance
- Participates in selection, orientation and training of staff as
- Performs and sets-up in-services regarding equipment, supplies
and clinical for all staff.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate
staff members, from admission through discharge.
- Ensures patients and patient's families are educated regarding
pre and post procedure care of vascular access.
- Ensures patient's procedures are scheduled in a timely manner
and the facility capacity is utilized efficiently.
- As needed, assist with patient workflow, including providing
direct patient care and monitoring pre, intra and post
- Oversees and ensures accurate and complete documentation of
patient treatments from admission to discharge.
- Confirms written orders, consents and lab work are completed
and documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes
appropriate preparation of lab requisitions, delivery to
appropriate labs, reporting and forwarding of lab results to
- Assumes primary responsibility in an emergency situation and
must maintain competency with all emergency operational procedures,
and initiate CPR and emergency measures as needed.
- Administers medications and IV conscious sedation to patients
as directed per physician's orders, and in compliance with company,
federal, state and local regulations.
- Attends and participates in Governing Body and CQI meetings
with physicians, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of
data/material for meetings and reporting on assigned topics.
- Ensures appropriate operation of facility equipment and
technology, including but not limited, patient monitors,
defibrillators, medical recording devices and computers.
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the entire
vascular access facility at all times through regular inspection of
facility equipment and operation systems, reporting any
malfunctions or maintenance issues.
- Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to
the organization Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Participates in cost control initiatives. - Responsible for
efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory,
supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all
guidelines established in the organization formularies.
- Assists in the development and revision of any applicable
policies and procedures for the facility as directed to ensure
continuous process improvement.
- Initiates, documents and completes ongoing Continuous Quality
Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports and attend
meetings as required.
- Manages medications, including ordering, receiving, and
inventory control and checking for expired medications, including
appropriate recording of controlled substances as required by
- Oversees maintenance of usage logs for all medications with
appropriate documentation, as well as, records of drug
- Communicates with the pharmacist to assure medication accuracy,
including appropriate recording of controlled substances as
required by law. -
- Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in
compliance with organization policies and procedures prior to
discharge of the patient. - - Performs chart audits on a regular
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation
surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies
- Verifies records for all implanted devices are completed
accurately, timely and maintained according to records management
- Acts as the Facility Manager in the absence of the manager or
at the direction of organization management.
- Appointed Governing Body positions, takes on primary role of
certain position or oversees staff delegated to positions.
- Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient
information and medical records.
- Maintain CLIA license with Facility Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned, within the scope of practice and
state regulations.Additional responsibilities may include focus on
one or more departments or locations. - See applicable addendum for
department or location specific functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. - The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. - Travel to regional, Business Unit
and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. -
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Facility direct patient care staff (Staff RNs, LPNs, Radiology
Technologist, Surgical , Front Desk Coordinator) - -EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
- Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS
- ASC certification preferredEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of three years' experience preferred in an Ambulatory
Surgical Center/Vascular Access Lab, or a combination of ASC,
surgical, Interventional Radiology and ICU/CCU experience.
- Minimum of three years of Interventional Radiology, scrub
- Supervisory or management experience within a medical or
vascular access environment preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary. -
Experience with Medical database software.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership
and supervision of facility personnel and to ensure the delivery of
maximum quality care to all patients.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
- Certified in BLS & ACLS successfully completed course
certifications. - - - - - - - - - - - - -EO/AA Employer:
Identity - - -Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Richmond , Charge RN Surgery Center $5000 Bonus, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!