Pharmacy Technician Cert
Company: Chippenham Hospital
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Chippenham Hospital , a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune's 100 , and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
I. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting with pharmacy operations under the supervision of the Pharmacy Operations Manager and/or Licensed Pharmacists while acting in strict accordance with established policies & procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Such duties include, but not b e limited to, assisting in the various activities of the pharmacy department not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist: maintaining patient records; set up, packaging, and labeling of medication doses; filling and dispensing routine orders for patient-care areas; refilling, inventorying and routine maintenance of automated dispensing machines, departmental formulary inventory maintenance; competency in parenteral admixture dose calculations and preparation, including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition.
The technician also facilitates exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers and is responsible for contributing to a positive work environment.
1. Knowledge of general pharmacy practices and procedures
2. Registration with the Virginia Board of Pharmacy
3. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with coworkers, vendors, and other hospital staff in all situations
4. Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
III. GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for assisting in the procurement, preparation, delivery, return, and restocking of medications
2. Filling and delivering oral medications, compounding parenteral medications, filling automated dispensing cabinets, filling code cart trays and pharmacy kits, restocking returned medications prior to the end of each shift, assisting with putting away pharmacy orders, assisting with cart fill as assigned, and notifying the Operations Manager, Buyer, or Lead Technician of stock-outs, and borrowing medications as needed in a timely manner.
3. Processes missing medication messages accurately and safely prepares medications in acceptable dosage forms and dispenses ready to use dosage forms to fulfill those messages
4. Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, packaging and dispensing of all medicinal agents and follows the health system's policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
5. Sustains ability to knowledgeably use and maintain all automated equipment.
6. Actively participates in staff meetings and process improvement initiatives.
7. Ensures personal compliance with USP , and regulations and documentation.
8. Performs expiration date audits and nursing station inspections with on-time completion and documentation.
9. Ensures prepacking and compounding logs are completed and filed appropriately.
10. Assists the Operations Manager and Lead Technician with the orientation and training of new hires as assigned.
11. Completes all work activities through effective management of time, tasks and available resources.
12. Maintains professional conduct and proper demeanor as well as manages performance, resources, time, attitude, ethics, punctuality, attendance, and customer focus.
Required- 1 years Pharmacy technician
Preferred- 2 years Pharmacy technician
Required- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred- Associates degree
Licensed with the Virginia Board of Pharmacy
Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (required within 6 months of hire)
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Benefit Options
At HCA we are committed to delivering healthcare as it should be: Patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter their circumstance. To achieve this, we are active, we are kind, we are fully engaged and we are compassionate. We work with integrity, share our skills and never stop learning.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
""We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.""
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: Chippenham Hospital, Richmond , Pharmacy Technician Cert, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!