Registered Nurse, RN - Medical Surgical Trauma ICU
Company: Chippenham Hospital
Posted on: December 9, 2018
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital
As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Medical Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit at Chippenham Hospital:
- 32 bed Medical Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit
- Surgical Patients (spine, hip, stomach)
- Medical Patients (DKA, asthma, sepsis, respiratory failure, heart failure)
- Trauma Patients (MVC, falls, penetrating traumas - ex. gunshot wounds/stabbings, Pysch - ex. suicide attempts, etoh and drug abuse)
Level II Trauma Certification
Primary Stroke Certification
Unit Based Shared Governance
Progressive Leadership Model
What Sets Us Apart: "We see people at the sickest, most scariest time of their lives. Through hard work of our 24 intensivist, critical care nurses, techs, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapist, speech therapist, and case management, we make a difference in people lives. Seeing an 18 year old with 8 gunshot wounds, a 5 month ICU stay, and lengthy rehab, walk back into the unit to thank the staff that "saved his life" is why we do what we do!"
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (preferred)
- New Graduate Nurses Welcome; Experience is a plus!
- Full Time
- 12 hour shifts (rotating) 7a-7p, 7p-7a
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
Keywords: Chippenham Hospital, Richmond , Registered Nurse, RN - Medical Surgical Trauma ICU, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!