Registered Nurse RN Community Living Center Skilled Rehab - Richmond
Company: Maxim Government Services
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Rehabilitation/Stepdown opening in Richmond, Virginia. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Maxim Government Services is searching for qualified Registered Nurses for our client, the Richmond Veterans Affairs Medical Center located in Richmond, VA 23249.
- Great for travelers - Contractors to work on any state license
- Contracts are long term, full time, include paid holidays, accrued paid time off
- Often lead to direct Government Civilian (GS) employmentAvailable Units Include:
- Spinal Cord Injury- Tour of duty: 7:30A-4P, 3:30P-12MID, 12MID-8A With every other weekend.
- Community Living Center Skilled/Rehab - Tour of duty: 3:30P-11:30P, 11:30P-7:30A With every other weekend
- Neurology/Rehab (MedSurg) – Tour of duty: 3:30P-Midnight, evening shift; 11:30P-8A, night shift
- Unit 4C Medicine Oncology (MedSurg) - Tour of Duty: Night Shift: 11:30P-8A (8hrs), with every other weekend; Evening Shift: 3:30P-Midnight, with every other weekend
- Cardiology (MedSurg) - Tour of Duty: Night shift 11:30P-8A, or can offer (2) 12 hour shifts which would be 11:30P-12noon with 2 (8h) shifts, with every other weekend; Evening shift 3:30P-Mid, with every other weekend. Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
- Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Savings Plan
- Perkspot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and Counselors available 24/7
- Maxim College Partnership Program
- Direct Deposit
- Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable 1 QUALIFICATIONS.1.1 Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)1.2 Minimum of two years experience as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical or critical care inpatient setting.1.3 Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience to acutely ill pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. 1.4 Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care. 1.5 Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records. 2 SPECIFIC TASKS. The duties required by the Medical/Surgical unit nurse positions are as follows, but not limited to:2.1 Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions. 2.2 Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness2.3 Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.2.4 Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel. 2.5 Excellent patient assessment skills. 2.6 Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues2.7 Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements. 2.8 Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.2.9 Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.2.10 Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as: dressing changes, catherization, wound irrigation, intravenous fluid administration, blood transfusion, oxygen administration, vital signs, specimen collection and other unit specific procedures as prescribed by the provider.2.11 Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.2.12 Participates in the orientation, training, and evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.2.13 Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.2.14 Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.2.15 Other additional duties as assigned. For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Leonard Badham at or email your resume to Keyphrases: rehabilitation jobs
Keywords: Maxim Government Services, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Community Living Center Skilled Rehab - Richmond, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!