Psych Charge Nurse, RN - ARTS and Substance Abuse Unit
Company: Chippenham Hospital
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia's Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units.
Tucker Pavilion - The Leader in Behavioral Health:
- Offering of care continuum - crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia's Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings - yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
Tucker 2 West - Addiction Recovery and Treatment Services (ARTS) and Substance Abuse Unit
20 Semi-private beds
1:4-5 staffing ratio
Team nursing approach
Get involved in brand new programming following the ASAM model
Staff have a particular interest in and enthusiasm for addiction recovery
Fast-paced unit requiring excellent organization and focus
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluate patient's signs and symptoms; and record and report results.
- Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
Required - One year of current experience in nursing in which leadership and management abilities have been demonstrated.
Required - Current Virginia State licensure by the State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse
Preferred - BSN
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- HCA Healthcare is partnering with Bright Horizon EdAssist Solutions to provide a monthly benefit toward qualifying education loans incurred by eligible active full-time and part-time employees who have completed 90 days of service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Chippenham Hospital, Richmond , Psych Charge Nurse, RN - ARTS and Substance Abuse Unit, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!