Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant / RNFA
Company: Palm Health Resources
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Surgery-Thoracic opening in Richmond, Virginia. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Cardiothoracic Surgery Group is hiring an experienced Cardiothoracic / Vascular Surgery Registered Nurse First Assist or Physician Assistant!The Physician Assistant is expected to provide patient care to our cardiothoracic patient population. This position will be a well-rounded role with OR First Assisting, Caring for cardiothoracic critical care patients and some clinic time. The Physician Assistant is expected to provide high-quality patient services to our patient population. Aggressively pursuing opportunities to improve patient care and provide excellent patient outcomes should be a priority. The Physician Assistant should be actively involved in performance improvement activities. Employed physicians assistants must also be dedicated to assisting the Hospital to meet it's stated strategic goals and objectives and act in accordance with the Hospital's mission, vision, and values.The Physician Assistant examines patients in the clinic and/or hospital under the auspices of the appropriate physician and according to the Virginia State Board of Medicine Regulations for Physician Assistants.
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
1. Knowledge of professional theory, practices and regulations to give and evaluate patient care.
2. Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
3. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
4. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of physician assistants to provide ongoing patient care.
5. Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
6. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
7. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
8. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
9. Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
10. Facilitate the same day access for ALL patients requesting to be treated by provider.Qualifications Education:
- A graduate of a board-approved Physician Assistant school and passage of certifying examination administered by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Bachelor's degree or greater Experience:Two years experience Cardiac Surgical First Assisting as a Physician Assistant, Endoscopic Vein HarvestingLicenses/Certifications:
- Must hold a current VA Board of Medicine licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant
- Must have a current DEA Registration
- American Heart Association BLS Provider required
- ACLS preferredSalary
$115,000.00 - $155,000.00 Per Year, Comprehensive Benefits, Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, CME Monies and MUCH MORE!Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $110,000.00 to $155,000.00 /year Keyphrases: surgery jobs, surgeon jobs, thoracic surgery jobs, thoracic surgeon jobs, cardiothoracic surgeon jobs, cardiothoracic surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgeon jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgery jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgeon jobs, ultrasonography jobs, surgical jobs
Keywords: Palm Health Resources, Richmond , Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant / RNFA, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!