Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER ED
Company: Maxim Government Services
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Emergency and Trauma opening in Richmond, Virginia. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare Services is searching for qualified Registered Nurses for Emergency Room / Emergency Department at the Richmond Veterans Affairs Medical Center located in Richmond, VA 23249.
- Great for travelers - Contractors to work on any state license
- Contracts are long term, full time, include paid holidays, accrued paid time off
- Often lead to direct Government Civilian (GS) employment Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
- Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Savings Plan
- Perkspot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and Counselors available 24/7
- Maxim College Partnership Program
- Direct Deposit
- Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable Available Units
- ED (Emergency Dept)- 7:30P-8A (12hrs), every other weekend or 11:30P-8A(8hrs), every other weekend
- ED (Emergency Dept)-Telemetry - 7:30P-8A (12hrs), every other weekend or 11:30P-8A(8hrs), every other weekend
- ED (Admission Holding Unit) - 7:30A-8P (12hrs), every other weekend
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association. In addition to BCLS, certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Minimum of two years experience with at least one year in an emergency room. One year of experience must have occurred within the last three years.
- SPECIFIC TASKS.
- Provides emergency nursing care for emergent (Level 1), urgent (Level 2), non-urgent (Level 3, 4, 5) patients coming to the Emergency Department.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and religious backgrounds to include those who do not speak or understand English.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Assumes full responsibility for assigned patients and ancillary personnel. Delegates tasks, directs emergency room technicians, specialty technicians, and provides counseling, guidance, and patient education.
- Recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates CPR if required. Assists medical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary.
- Participates in the orientation, training, and evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level utilizing the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Excellent patient assessment skills.
- Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
- Will be oriented/trained on the use of all equipment available for patient care. Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Contributes to professional environment using appropriate leadership skills.
- May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
- Encourages team building and enhances work knowledge by cross-training/augmenting other units as appropriate.
- May serve as the charge nurse of the day, as appropriate.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
- Be productive and perform with minimal supervisory direction.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Other additional duties as assigned.
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Cynthia Dominick or email your resume to Keyphrases: critical care medicine jobs, emergency room nursing jobs, emergency room nurse jobs, emergency room technician jobs, emergency room triage jobs, er nurse jobs, er tech jobs, er nursing jobs, er triage jobs, er technician jobs
Keywords: Maxim Government Services, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER ED, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!