Psychiatric Registered Nurse, RN - Thought Disorder Unit
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia's Chippenham Hospital, has been
committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over
100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and
emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric
patients in our newly renovated units.
Tucker Pavilion - The Leader in Behavioral Health:
- Offering of care continuum - crisis team on site,
inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs
assessments to HCA Virginia's Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings - yoga, 12 step support,
NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
Thought Disorder Unit - Tucker 2 East:
- 26 bed acute inpatient unit
- Patient population consists of patients diagnosed with
schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, post-traumatic stress
disorder and bipolar disorder with psychotic features
- Team nursing approach
- Good work-life balance
- Unit practice is "high touch" and "high tech", and multitasking
with the ability to perform well under pressure
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) will perform care under the
direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for
the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting
all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and
coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships
with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluate patient's signs and symptoms; and record and report
- Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to
changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and
exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards
the outcome attainment and assist physician during
treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on
patient condition changes.
Keywords: HCA., Richmond , Psychiatric Registered Nurse, RN - Thought Disorder Unit, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!