Registered Nurse RN Medical Care PRN
Company: Henrico Doctors Hospital
Posted on: July 14, 2019
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
We Want You!
One Company Many Careers! If you've been looking for a Med Surg
Nursing career where you have work-life balance, work with a
committed team putting patient care at the heart of each day, then
look no further than Henrico Doctors' Hospital.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering
a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and
stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking
diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney
transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of
the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in
minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted
Click here to learn more from our staff on the Medical Care
The Medical Care Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
Additional Information on Medical Care Unit :
- The Medical Care Unit provides care to adults who are
hospitalized with a wide variety of conditions, including fever of
an unknown origin, kidney failure, GI complaints and failure to
- The unit has the ability to care for 21 patients requiring
telemetry, in all newly renovated private rooms. Our nursing staff
has a wide range of training and experience, providing treatment
for those ranging in age from the young adult to end of life
- Our nurses take pride in the fact that we provide care with
respect for human dignity. We believe that each patient has the
right to receive quality care based on individual needs and age
requirements. Patients and their families are involved in
establishing priorities for care that best meet the patients'
- Professionalism, compassionate care, and a commitment to
continuous improvement are key qualities of our nursing
- Staff members regularly participate in educational activities
to maintain competence, gain new knowledge and develop advanced
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment greater than 50 pounds.
TRAITS OF A HCA NURSE
- Sense of Humor
- Positive Attitude
- Critical Thinker
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Henrico Doctors Hospital, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Medical Care PRN, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!