Licensed Veterinary Technician - Emergency
Company: BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Veterinary Partners is hiring experienced Licensed Veterinary
work mid shifts in our busy Emergency and Critical Care
- Do you want to work in a fast paced, learning
- Are you a technicians that loves emergency cases
and providing care and comfort to the critically ill or injured
- Are you committed and passionate about enriching lives
through remarkable care for pets?
If you answered "yes" to these
questions, then we want to hear from you.
As an Emergency
Licensed Veterinary Technician, you will:
- Perform physical exam; accurately counts heart,
pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature,
rate and effort.
- Understand normal vital parameters and alerts
doctor when abnormal.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Utilize your ability to place peripheral
intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Utilize your ability to read and follow orders
written on treatment sheet accurately and in a timely manner.
- Alert veterinarian if a patient's status has
changed and/or physical exam or monitoring parameters are outside
- Calculate basic medical math.
- Understand classification of commonly-used
medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors
- Administer medications via appropriate routes
- Prepare medications and patient for discharge,
and communicates discharge instructions to client.
- Maintain solid grasp of common veterinary
medical terms and abbreviations and is able to converse with other
professionals in medical terms.
- Implement appropriate animal husbandry skills to
decrease disease spread, injury and stress to patients.
- Provide nursing care to stable patients
according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Possess a working knowledge of
anesthesia/monitoring equipment and assist with patients assigned
ASA I or II
- Remain current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines
and demonstrates proficiency in designated role as assigned by
clinician and/or supervisor.
Who are we?
Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians
pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge
seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking
to grow their
career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
BluePearl, the continued education of our associates is paramount.
Not only do
our associates get to work in state of the art facilities with the
veterinary teams in the nation, we also offer an annual CE
allowance. BluePearl veterinary assistants also have
access to a 90
paid scholarship with Penn Foster, which upon successful
completion, will allow them to take the VTNE. We go even further to
monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities
mentorship, cross-training and career advancement. BluePearl is
supporting and advancing the veterinary technician profession by
additional advanced CE expense reimbursement for eligible
associates, as well
as special incentives for our associates that successfully obtain a
benefits will include:
- health benefits options
- a 401(k) retirement plan
- dental insurance
- short and long term disability insurance
- uniform allowance
- pet insurance
- additional training offerings
- unlimited growth potential
committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals
with respect and dignity. We are an
equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital
citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference,
identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other
protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during
application process because of a disability, it is available upon
company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant
penalized as a result of such a request.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free
Keywords: BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Richmond , Licensed Veterinary Technician - Emergency, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!