RN Care Facilitator
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their
bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on
compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to
serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of
ourbehavioralteam. Join us in our efforts to better our
The ARC RN Care Facilitator, under the supervision of the Director
of Behavioral Health, provides nursing support to the ARC by
reviewing the medical and behavioral health needs of patients who
are presenting for services through the ARC Program; reviewing the
medical presentation of patients referred for inpatient services by
internal and external customers for behavioral health unit
capability; interacting with admitting providers to facilitate
admission orders; and interfacing with third-party payers when
Tucker Pavilion was founded in 1912 by Beverly Randolph Tucker,
M.D., as The Neurological Sanatorium, a seven-bed hospital located
on East Grace Street in Richmond. Today, Tucker Pavilion has grown
into a 137-bed psychiatric hospital with a full range of behavioral
health services for seniors, adults, adolescents and children.
Known to many in Central Virginia simply as ""Tucker,"" we have
maintained our reputation for excellence in behavioral health for
over a century. We are dedicated to providing treatment which
promotes emotional and behavioral wellness.
Core Job Functions:
- Able to assess and reassess needs of patients through verbal
discussions with referring staff, as well as by evaluating
- Reviews referrals for inpatient behavioral health treatment
from internal and external customers for medical and behavioral
- Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested
parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry and
- Interacts with admitting behavioral health providers to share
clinical information about referred patients and takes admitting
orders by telephone as indicated.
- Interacts with third-party payers to coordinate admissions or
transfers as needed.
- Functions as liaison to behavioral health units to remain
abreast of facility (and/or unit) specific acuity; staffing and bed
capacity status. Serves as the point of contact, via phone or
meeting, for each of the behavioral health units.
- Serves as the ARC internal expert regarding the medical needs
of behavioral health patients, and is readily available for
consultation with ARC clinicians/colleagues and facility staff when
- Completes behavioral health assessment with patients in timely
manner through the use of telemental health technology.
- Maintains expert knowledge of applicable local, state, and
federal laws and regulations pertaining to job
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrates good judgement in handling situations not covered
by verbal or written instructions.
- Follows established policy and procedures in performing job
- Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a
positive and cooperative work environment.
- Channels concerns appropriately.
- Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices.
- Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director or
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred)
- Minimum of3 yearsin abehavioral healthcare setting performing
- American Heart Associations Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review
all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from
one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Richmond , RN Care Facilitator, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!