Registered Nurse RN Oncology Medical Surgical
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with the heart to work with
oncology patients, from the first day they learn of their cancer
diagnosis through every stage of treatment? Apply now to join the
Oncology Medical/Surgical Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
See why our employees love working at Johnston-Willis Hospital!
We have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond
and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means
patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional
care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of
healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care - through the
Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital - as well as inpatient rehabilitation,
our ER is a state-authorized Level III trauma center, and
neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife
- 63 rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive
- Named A World's Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years
Sarah Cannon, the Global Cancer Institute of HCA
- At Johnston-Willis Hospital we are proud to join the leading
network of cancer experts from Sarah Cannon - theglobal cancer
institute of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) -to create a new
era of collaborative oncology in Richmond, Virginia.
- You will work with an unrivaled team of dedicated clinicians as
well as trusted, local providers throughout HCA Virginia, plushave
access to global cancer resources that are unmatched by any single
Oncology Medical/Surgical Unit
- Patients undergoing surgical and non-invasive cancer procedures
for solid tumors and/or blood cancers
- Length of stay varies; many patients on the unit every 3 weeks
over a period of 9 to 10 weeks or longer
- Our nurses have the opportunity to participate in Chemotherapy
Biotherapy Certification course
- 57% of our nurses hold certification (OCN); once certified, can
begin hanging and administering chemotherapy
Join our unit where the environment is positive and supportive,
where we focus on hosting regular fun team-building activites
(bowling night, tie-dye shirt-making contest, cupcake wars, and
more!), and where you can count on encouragement to focus on
education and continuing professional development.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who
we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
School of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as
a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
- Previous nursing experience in an acute care facility
- Previous nursing experience in Oncology Medical/Surgical
- Full-Time (PRN also may be available)
- 12-Hour Shifts, Days from 7am to 7pm
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNS eligible for
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
""We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.""
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN Oncology Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!