Registered Nurse RN PRN Medical Surgical Unit
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you a Registered Nurse dedicated to providing excellent care to
your medical and surgical patients? Applynow to join theMedical
SurgicalUnit at HCA's Johnston-WillisHospital.
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital? Hear what some
ofour employees have to say about why they love working here !
At Johnston-Willis Hospital we've been delivering top quality
healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more
than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of
healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care-through the
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute-as well as inpatient rehabilitation
(with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III
trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond
Gamma Knife Center.
- 30 bed unit covering a wide patient population and disease
- The cohesive team operates in a ""Live Excellence
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the
opportunity for you to learn, grow, and advance in the unit orother
specialty areas within the hospital or across HCA Hospitals.
- Excellent place forRN New Graduates to begin their careers.
What will you do?
- Provide direct access to patients for major procedures and
therapies, including resuscitation.
- Consistently maintain competencies in hemodynamic monitoring,
dysrhythmia recognition, ventilator management, and other evolving
techniques as they are developed.
- Recognize and be cognizant of the impact that a serious illness
projects upon a patient and their family.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating,
and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and
coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships
with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluate patients'
signs and symptoms; then record and report results.
- Set priorities and modify patient care in response to changing
conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards
the outcome attainment.
- Assist physicians during treatment/examination of patient and
- Make appropriate and timely notification to physician on
patient condition changes.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who
we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited
school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as
a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
- 1 year of current nursing experience in a hospital setting
- PRN Status
- 12-Hour Shifts,Days from 7am to 7pm, Nights from 7pm to
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
""We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.""
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Richmond , Registered Nurse RN PRN Medical Surgical Unit, Healthcare , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!