Cook I - Passport Cafe
Company: University of Richmond
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Cook I - Passport Cafe**For a Limited Time, Hired Candidates are
Eligible for a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus**
SUMMARY:Cook I is an entry level kitchen position. Working under
direction, Cook I prepares food in quantity, and is responsible for
maintaining high standards for food quality while practicing proper
sanitation, food safety, and cooking procedures.RESPONSIBILITIES:In
the assigned unit, this position may perform some or all of the
- Cooks and prepares food as directed according to established
recipes, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of
portions. Cooking may include display cooking.
- Cleans, cuts, and cooks all food products as assigned,
including meat, fish, poultry, starches, and vegetables.
- Garnishes foods.
- Cleans, sets up, and breaks down kitchen equipment, appliances,
and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operates kitchen, line equipment and machinery according to
established safety procedures.
- Covers, labels, and dates all food products, and follows all
food safety rules for proper storage.
- Monitors serving lines and ensures an adequate supply of food
items, per the menu of the day, for the entire service period.
- Monitors and records temperatures of foods stored in
refrigeration, in hot boxes, and on the serving line to ensure safe
- Performs other duties, as assigned.Additional Duties:
- Maintains cleanliness of the productions areas.
- Washes pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking
equipment, as needed.WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT: This
position requires long periods of standing and walking, and the
ability to lift 50 lbs., in conditions that are often, hot, humid,
or cold. Must be able to safely use and operate typical kitchen
tools and equipment. Must be able to work outdoors in varying
weather conditions, on occasion.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic knowledge of culinary techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of quantity food production principles and safe food
- Skilled in using effective time management to accomplish
- Skilled in reading and written and verbal communication.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal
instructions and procedures.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and to work calmly and
efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment with
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to monitor and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a team.EDUCATION &
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year experience preferred.
- Safe food handler certification preferred, or certification
obtained within one year of hire. (This is dependent on the
assigned unit.)WORK HOURS:
- Part-time, 9-month, non-exempt position
- Partial leave accruals (no health insurance)
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; Some Saturdays, 8
hrs/day, 40 hrs/week
- This position is designated as essential personnel and, during
inclement weather and emergency situations, is required to be
available to the University as needed.SALARY STRUCTURE:
Pay Grade 1 ($14.00 - $18.94/hour based on experience) **Hired
Candidates are Eligible for up to $1,000 Sign-on Bonus**ABOUT UR:At
the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and
determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive
change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from
downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond
(www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with
exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually
found only at large institutions. There's only one place like
Richmond.UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and
student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which
values the expression of differences in ways that promote
excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and
institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our
academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and
candidates who support diversity. EOE
Keywords: University of Richmond, Richmond , Cook I - Passport Cafe, Hospitality & Tourism , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!