ASSOCIATE GROUP LEADER - QPCR - 2ND SHIFT
Posted on: May 16, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Associate Group LeaderDivision / Dept.:
PCR/MolecularLocation: Richmond, VA (Office Based)Note: Full time,
Benefits, Relocation Assistance Available
PPD clinical research services is a leading global contract
research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug
development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD,
we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving
health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies
and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic
experts. Welcome to PPD - Laboratories, where science is our
passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone
of our success.
At PPD, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, we hire the best,
develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being
one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities,
award winning training and benefits focused on the health and
wellbeing of our employees.
- *** 2nd Shift *** 15% Shift Differential
- Provides line-level management coordination of resources and
work schedules for laboratory activities.
- Oversees daily operations and assists in preparation and
implementation of company policies, quality systems and training
- Ensures that projects are completed in a timely manner so that
company revenues are met and clients are satisfied with the quality
and turnaround time of work being performed.
- Ensures that laboratory staff continues to be developed to keep
pace with department goals and growth.
Video links:Richmond BioA Labs
LinkedIn Video Landing
Job QualificationEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in lab sciences such as biology,
biochemistry, immunology, chemistry, molecular biology or
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and
abilities to perform the job (comparable to 6+ years') or
equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- OR Masters degree and previous experience that provides the
knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 4+
- OR PhD (comparable to 2+ years)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- qPCR/RT-PCR/PCR, sequencing, Molecular Genomics.
- Broad knowledge of Molecular Biology.
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to be project solution driven
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as
- Can independently perform root cause analysis for method
- Technical writing skills; ability to write quality documents
(SOPs, investigation forms, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability
to write and recommend changes to PPD SOPs
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Project and time management skills
Benefits Overview:PPD, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, offers
comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy,
employee assistance program, wellness program options and
more.Other benefits include:
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and
short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent
care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for
vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation
sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs,
fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs,
professional development training, skills training, education loan
repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards,
annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic
engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and
financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/Requirements For This
RolePPD, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, values the health and
wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to
create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and
ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including
infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing
and handling multiple projects or activitiesOur 4i Values:Integrity
- Innovation - Intensity - InvolvementIf you resonate with our 4i
values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of
safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent
health needs, submit your application - we'd love to hear from
you!Diversity StatementPPD is proud to be an affirmative action
employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an
environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color,
pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other
protected group.COVID-19 Vaccination Update for U.S. Colleagues
- All U.S. colleagues are required to report vaccination status.
New hires will be asked to report vaccination status within the
first two weeks of employment.
- All U.S. new hires who are in the following job categories must
be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment or request
an accommodation: executive director level and above, client-facing
commercial, clinical research associates (CRAs), remote site
monitors-local (RSM-L) all CRA and RSM-L line managers,
clinic-based staff in early development services and accelerated
enrollment solutions, and FSP within analytical services division
roles. New hires will be asked to disclose vaccination status upon
first day of employment and are required to report vaccination
status within first two weeks of employment.
Keywords: PPD, Richmond , ASSOCIATE GROUP LEADER - QPCR - 2ND SHIFT, Hospitality & Tourism , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!