Part-Time Opening Bartender
Company: Hilton Richmond Downtown
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description JOB SUMMARYThe Bartender is responsible for
providing outstanding guest service and ensuring high quality of
food and beverage delivery to all our guests.
- Arrive at scheduled start time in appropriate uniform and ready
- Greet all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Present bar menus and make specific recommendations and answer
questions regarding offerings.
- Receive and serve drink orders to guests and servers.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests in the lounge.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent
with the hotels standard drink recipes.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt
into the POS system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make
change as needed.
- Clear and reset tables in bar area; sweep & mop as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including
counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and
- Complete opening and closing duties as assigned each
- Communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as
- Ensure that guests a have a positive and memorable
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to Bar
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your
- Attend all mandatory Department and Hotel meetings.
- Complete all required training within timeframe allotted.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and
follow the correct procedures as required.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Support environmental commitments by acquiring the knowledge,
skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of "greening"
the hospitality industry.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 21 years of age
- US work authorization required
- Must meet grooming standards
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Minimum 6 months previous bartending experience in similar
- Previous hotel/resort experience (preferred)
- Alcohol & Food Safety certification is a plus, but not
- Able to prioritize, organize and follow-up
- Strong attention to detail and able to make concise
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and
- Able to demonstrate high energy, and strong enthusiasm for
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including weekends and
holidays***Must be available to work between the hours of 11am-6pm,
including some weekends & holidays. Days of the week will vary,
must be available to work some Sundays. Must be flexible, schedule
subject to change based on business levels.***Following all
precautions as instructed by the CDC, the State of VA, Hilton and
HRI Properties. EOE/M/F/V/D
Keywords: Hilton Richmond Downtown, Richmond , Part-Time Opening Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!