Dining Services District Manager
Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Dining Services District Manager
Requisition ID: 2022-443830
Shift: 1st Shift/Day Shift
Who We Are
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) is an experienced partner managing
housekeeping, laundry, dining, and nutritional services within the
healthcare market. For over 45 years, we have provided essential
services to thousands of healthcare communities across the country.
As one of America's Most Trustworthy Companies, we have been
recognized for treating our customers and employees fairly and
pursuing excellence via an ever-evolving and expanding focus on
training and developing team members at every level.
Our Company Purpose & Values
Our Purpose is Fostering Fulfillment In Communities.
Our Values, Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Passion &
Perseverance (aka Grit) influence our decisions and the actions
that follow in and out of the workplace.
Who You Are
You are driven, ambitious, have a personal calling for serving
people, and desire to positively impact your community. You enjoy
collaborating with others, aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves,
and go beyond to get the job done. You have a passion and desire to
deliver the highest customer and resident experience every day.
What We Offer
HCSG offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support our
associates and their family's health and well-being. Our goal is to
promote welfare and health and enhance our associates' and their
families' overall quality of life.
- Benefits - FREE Telemedicine and Prescription Discount Program
and an array of medical, dental, vision, and other supplemental
- Training - We take the development and education of our
associates very seriously. Our promotions-from-within philosophy
opens the door to a stimulating and robust career with HCSG!
- Employee Assistance Programs - FREE access for employees and
their families for health, financial, and family services to
support our employees' welfare and mental and physical health.
- Employee Recognition Programs - We strive to recognize
employees who live out our Company Purpose and are committed to
#GoingBeyond for our Client, Resident, and Employee
- Going Beyond Assistance Fund - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed by
HCSG to serve as a charitable employer-sponsored disaster relief
organization to provide emergency, hardship, and disaster
assistance, to HCSG employees and their dependents or family
- Paid - Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Investment opportunity available
to all eligible employees after two years of service.
- Nationwide Opportunities - Transfers are available Nationwide -
great for active Military and Family!
Keeping You Safe
- The safety and health of our employees and that of the resident
communities that we serve are our Company's most significant
- Personal Protective Equipment - All employees will be provided
and required to wear appropriate PPE for all functions.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Employees will be required to comply
with all policies, as required by State, Local, and/or our
At HCSG, you will find a fulfilling, collaborative, committed,
stimulating, and structured environment to help you succeed in
serving our communities. We offer engaging opportunities for every
phase of your career. HCSG is committed to providing growth and
leadership opportunities to see you succeed!
- District Manager - Responsible for managing multiple accounts
in an assigned territory according to policies and procedures and
federal/state requirements. Able to perform the job assignments of
the cook, prep cook, dietary aide, and dishwasher as
- Training & Development - Provides leadership, support, and
guidance to ensure staff meets Dining Services quality standards,
inventory levels, food safety guidelines, and customer service
expectations. Weekly building tours with Account Manager to assess
work quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- Reporting - Maintains accurate income and expenditures,
supplies, food, personnel, and equipment records. Runs and reviews
reports, approves payroll issues, reviews Employee Warning Notices,
and assists/participates in the open enrollment process by
providing information and collecting applications and waivers as
- Communication - Acts as liaison between building Account
Manager, Administrators, and HCSG staff. Communicates all
directives effectively to managers from administrators and HCSG
- Safety - Utilize protective gear in all appropriate functions.
Knowledgeable in training safe and proper mixing and cleaning
solutions while adhering to all safety precautions. Addresses
equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions in a timely
fashion. Ensure the established standards, safety, and quality
guidelines are met. Follow infection control and universal
precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary
environment is always achieved. Follow proper reporting, isolation,
and handwashing procedures/techniques. Able to lead training,
quality control procedures, and in-servicing of housekeeping
- Punctuality - Consistent attendance and punctual arrival.
- Customer Experience - Positively represents HCSG by following
instructions, being courteous, and cooperative with supervisors,
co-workers, and client staff.
- Resident Experience - Positive, pleasant, and tactful
interactions with residents, staff, and facility guests.
- Travel - Up to 75% of Travel is required for account/facility
visits and participation in regional activities.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to follow oral
and written instructions, and perform routine, repetitive tasks
- Bachelor's degree in management or related field preferred. A
high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years of experience in quantity food production/service and
personnel supervision are desired.
- Specialized training in Dining Services management and
nutrition is desirable.
- Must be able to complete regulatory compliance courses
(sanitation and safety) and identify issues and implement necessary
- Capable of leading, directing, and supporting a team in a
diverse environment with highly developed interpersonal,
analytical, and communication skills.
- Successful P&L and budgetary management skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with a
proven track record of growing accounts.
- Must submit to a Motor Vehicle Check and maintain a valid
- Basic computer skills, including web-based reporting.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate
effectively with others.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by
State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
- Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks
- Must be able to work around cleaning products.
- Willingness to relocate and live in the assigned market.
HCSG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages employees
to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work for a
culturally inclusive team. We offer equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
ethnicity, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, political opinions or affiliations, veteran status,
or other legally protected classes. HCSG also complies with
applicable state and local laws and federal law requirements that
govern nondiscrimination in every location where we operate.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Inc., Richmond , Dining Services District Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!