Customer Service Representative - Virginia
Company: Clearwater Paper Corporation
Posted on: January 14, 2019
At Manchester Industries, A Clearwater Paper Company, we provide unparalleled service and the best solutions in Paperboard Sales, Sheeting, and Distribution. Since 1978 we have helped our customers meet the daily demands of the commercial printing, publishing, point of purchase display, specialty packaging, and folding carton industries.
Through innovation and continual improvement in precision converting technology, we provide prime paperboard grades from leading mills to paper merchants and packaging companies. The goal of Manchester Industries is to provide an exceptional service platform with our staff of committed employees. Through working with customers and suppliers together, we are able to find profitable and proficient solutions in this ever-changing marketplace.
This is an exciting time to join our team as a Customer Service Representative. The successful incumbent possesses a strong command of the company's customer service policies, and is well-trained in product knowledge that can be critical for offering quick and accurate assistance to customers. This position ensures that all customer order specifications and expectations are understood throughout the company while actively pursuing additional sales opportunities. The customer service representative must be able to perform their duties with minimal supervision and communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, customers, sales representatives and production personnel.
Quoting and Order Entry
- Primary customer contact for assigned accounts.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers, internal departments, and sales.
- Perform accurate and timely on-line quoting while considering:
- Manchester pricing programs
- Competitive pricing situations
- Material requirements
- Appropriate freight charges and logistics
- Packaging requirements
- Scheduling efficiencies
- Process orders accurately and quickly considering material utilization and manufacturing efficiencies; communicate special instructions to scheduling, production and shipping
- Maintain security of pricing information
- Use appropriate / efficient strategies when choosing roll inventory
- Properly request inventory that requires a specific mill run or is stored at off-site locations
- Track customer orders through entire process, (order entry, manufacture, shipment and delivery,) to ensure customer satisfaction and on-time deliveries
- Facilitates timely and accurate daily second checks for all prime orders entered to ensure orders and customer POs are aligned and correct
- Product knowledge (paperboard types, suppliers, and available callipers' carried by Manchester), stays up to date and informed of any changes and company policies
- Pursue additional sales using product substitution and suggestive selling techniques
- Follow up on sales opportunities with high potential
- Gather competitive pricing and other market information and report it to management.
- Coordinate new customer approval process
- Communicate claims to sales team and coordinate reorders
- Initiate product sample requests
- Maintain customer service database/systems
- Advise management of all issues that may inhibit expected job performance
- Impact the company's bottom line by problem solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers
Required education and related experience:
- High school diploma; college education preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred (Paperboard experience a plus)
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
- Must be thorough, flexible, detail oriented, and able to prioritize
- Ability to perform in stressful situations in a highly professional manner
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals across the organization
- Ability to perform and understand basic mathematical calculations
- Strong computer skills
- Intermediate proficiency using Excel
Illustrative Essential Functions:
- Some mental, visual, physical fatigue from computer terminal use
- Repetitive hand movements for keying information into computer
- Ability to sit for most of an 8 hour shift
- Occasional extra hours to meet work demands
Keywords: Clearwater Paper Corporation, Richmond , Customer Service Representative - Virginia, Hospitality & Tourism , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!