Computer Operator II
Posted on: January 17, 2020
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience
their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments,
from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a
well-established local presence and relationships with governments
and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and
create value by adhering to the highest standards of service,
integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
- This is an entry level, night position.
- Two-year technical college degree or comparable
- 1-2 years' experience in related field preferred
Minimum technical knowledge and skills requirements - Required
- Where applicable, must be able to monitor and troubleshoot
- Able to navigate through Unix/Linux/AIX/VMS/DOS and perform
- Working knowledge of FTP/SFTP protocols
- Comprehensive knowledge of Office suite and PC operating
- Intermediate knowledge of Retailer POS, call center tools
Other skills - Required
- Builds strong relationships at all levels.
- Exhibits professional and customer appropriate communications
(written and verbal). Listens effectively and demonstrates empathy
and understanding of others' concerns. Demonstrates knowledge of
techniques needed, and experience in dealing with difficult or
- Demonstrates effective technical writing skills and presents
information in a professional and engaging manner
- Organizes and plans work effectively. Balances priorities among
- Completes work in a thorough accurate, well thought-out and
timely manner and with attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation. Sets high goals
for selfand others and demonstrates a strong sense of
- Achieves results in a high-pressure environment
- Displays sound business judgment and exhibits common
- Exhibits a high degree of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
at all times
- Demonstrates strong informal coaching and mentoring
- Effectively delivers training in area of expertise
- Effectively implements and manages processes
Provides entry to intermediate level monitoring and troubleshooting
for operating equipment for one or more jurisdictions and 24x365
adherence to operational procedures, checklists, policies, and
national IT Best Practices.
- Demonstrates a relentless commitment to meeting and exceeding
customers' expectations while also achieving the goal of reducing
the risks and costs of providing services.
- Works to build an effective partnership with the customer on a
daily basis. Listens to customers and asks the appropriate
questions to determine their requirements.
- Performs intermediate level troubleshooting of systems and
servers related to host systems, middleware, applications, and
existing tools according to established procedures with minimal
- Performs intermediate level network monitoring by confirming
tool set availability, using tools for verification of services,
and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies
according to established procedures.
- Monitors logical security through use of established tools and
- Performs intermediate level monitoring of systems and servers
by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification
of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting
anomalies according to established procedures.
- Performs entry level troubleshooting of network technologies
related to IP network devices and backbone transports according to
established procedures, using existing tools with minimal
- Accurately executes, validates, and recovers defined processes
in the operational checklists to ensure that all draw processing,
day-end processing, system balancing, file system maintenance,
change requests, report/file transfers and deliveries, messaging
and jackpot details, system locations/configurations, and
internal/external customer requests are completed.
- Appropriately coordinates, executes, validates, tracks, follows
up on, and escalates internal and external customer requests
according to established guidelines.
- Submits recommendations to create and/or maintain operational
procedures and checklists.
- Adheres to service level agreements by following established
SLA performance requirements
- Adheres to IT best practices by following established IT best
practice performance and audit requirements
- Supports local testing policies and procedures
- Performs intermediate level monitoring and/or troubleshooting
of automated functions by confirming tool set availability, using
tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting,
escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established
- Participates in individual professional development by
completing assigned development plan, participating in mentoring
activities, tracking and reporting of development, and
communicating career path goals and objectives.
- Provides training to other operators through free flow of
information, encouraging and appropriately evaluating feedback,
encouraging innovation, and inspiring / motivating others.
- Assists in providing informal coaching and mentoring to junior
Keys to Success
--- Building collaborative relationships
--- Decision making
--- Drive results
--- Foster innovation
--- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the
diversity of the global customers and communities we serve,
creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our
employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal
opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard
to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic
information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal
attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all
applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview
will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees
a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition
reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
Keywords: IGT, Richmond , Computer Operator II, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!