Software Engineer - Network (Remote)
Posted on: October 19, 2020
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway,
Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax is seeking a Software Engineer with expertise in Networking
who will be responsible for implementing highly scalable solutions
on the Microsoft Azure Public Cloud and On-Premise platforms. This
process includes continuous delivery, optimization, monitoring,
Infrastructure design and implementation, release management and
supporting the end-to-end release process. As a member of the team,
you will work alongside developers and reliability teams to ensure
site reliability and all releases seamlessly move from development
through staging and into production. The CarMax Data Network
Solutions team is responsible for designing, building, and
maintaining the on-prem and cloud infrastructure used by the
world's largest used car re-seller and second largest wholesaler.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team where you can
create innovative solutions that provide value to our business,
your job search ends here.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
* Responsible for driving operational excellence by implementing
strategies for continuous integration and continuous
* Operate, support and improve our tools for continuous
integration, automated testing and release management.
* Drive increased efficiency across our agile product delivery
teams, eliminating duplication and leveraging product and
* Work alongside Solutions Architects to design efficient platform
ecosystem to enable DevOps maturity and release pipeline
* Document and advocate adoption of our continuous delivery /
continuous integration processes and tools to increase product team
Position Requirements-What we are really looking for:
* Experience working with Agile and DevOps methodologies
* Experience in automating the build and configuration of IaaS
and/or PaaS based solutions on a public cloud or On-Premise
platforms (AWS, Azure, Google, Data Centers)
* Prior experience working with: container technology such as
Docker, version control systems (SVN, Github, etc.), build
management and CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.), and
monitoring tools (App Dynamics, Net Scout, etc.)
* REST APIs, JSON, and YAML
* Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent
written and spoken communication.
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and
* Strong scripting experience with either Powershell or Python.
* Preferred, but not required: experience with software
provisioning/configuration management tools such as Ansible,
Puppet, or Chef.
* Expertise of networking principles and protocols such as IP
subnetting, routing, security and encryption, DNS, etc.
* Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly secure
* Experience with multiple hardware\software platforms such as:
Nutanix (or other hyper converged technologies)
VMWare or Acropolis
Education and/or Experience:
* 4+ years network architecture design and/or solution
* 2+ years network design or administration involving cloud
infrastructure [AWS, Azure, Google, etc.]
* 2+ years scripting or coding experience with one or more
* 8+ years of relevant IT experience in large / complex IT
* 4-year degree in IT related course of study
NOTE: This is a remote work opportunity
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest,
transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and
deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought
and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used
cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to
deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every
associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in
their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training
and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Keywords: CarMax, Richmond , Software Engineer - Network (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!