SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an ETL/ Data Warehouse
Developer for a contract to hire position in Richmond, VA.
• 3+ Year experience working with SAS Business Intelligence (BI)
tools; SAS Web Report Studio, SAS Cube Studio and SAS Information
• 2-4 Years experience working with data warehouse systems and a
solid understanding of the data warehouse life cycle
• Demonstrated experience with multi-dimensional data
• Familiar with traditional Oracle development tools
• Experience with development of basic PL/SQL procedures to support
• 2+ Years of experience working with clients to define and develop
BI applications that enhance business decision making
• A proven ability to develop a clear understanding of clientsa
needs and the ability to incorporate them into a BI solution
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication and cross-team coordination skills. Solid
oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal
skills are required
• A team player with the ability to mentor and provide guidance to
junior team members
• Interacted with the Business Systems Analysts, users and business
leads to understand Business needs.
• Provide technical guidance to Business Analyst and end user to
best address business functional requirements.
• Understand the source data components and how they integrate with
each other. This might be both relational and dimensional.
• Review and approve the technical specifications provided by the
Business Systems Analysts.
• Design and implement BI architectures based on the business, data
and functional requirement.
• Deliver the BI high-level design document for program and
development team to review.
• Deployment and integration testing of developed components in
Development and Test environments.
• Support QA (resolve issues and release fixes) UAT and production
support when required.
• Develop, maintain, document and manage BI Solutions using
Business Object, SAS and Spotfire
• Develop, maintain, document and manage custom data delivery
systems for large scale business intelligence initiatives.
• Partner directly with other BI developers, data architects,
clients, other technical data warehouse team members and database
administrators to design and develop high performing BI solutions
and maintain consistent development functions.
• Ensure solution designs address performance requirements,
reusability, availability, integrity, security challenges, and
business functional requirements.
• Provide work estimates and proactively communicate to the
relevant parties any changes in scheduling. Apply good time
• Prepare Business Objects system landscape to provide end-to-end
BI architecture solution for the project
• Design universes to provide semantic layer between Business
Intelligence reporting tools and various data marts
• Create and maintain Universes based on user requirements and data
sources with measures and dimensions objects, join conditions,
Filters, LOV, cardinality, Aliases, Contexts, Aggregate
• Select the appropriate reporting tool (CR 2011, CR for
Enterprise, Webi) at the onset of a reporting project. Articulate
and document the rationale in the decision making.
• Evaluate and review deliverables from peers.
• And all other duties assigned by the manager and/or
For consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at
4405 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Main: (804) 270-4900
Fax: (804) 279-1091
SLAIT Consulting, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, is a premier
provider of information technology services, infrastructure and
business solutions to a broad range of commercial clients within
the United States. SLAIT Consulting is an EOE.