Sr Software Developer - REMOTE
Posted on: January 15, 2021
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway,
Richmond, Virginia, 23238CarMax, the way your career should
be!--BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:At CarMax, we want to disrupt our
industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms.
As a Senior Software Developer on the Systems Integration team, you
will be part of an exciting team, providing key contributions that
enable our customers and associates to have a world class car
buying experience.-- Your hands-on development will directly
contribute in countless ways and include solutions that bring
business and an array of technology together.About the positionWe
are seeking a senior developer who will be part of a team initially
focused building fraud prevention and payment processing
solutions.-- Prior experience experienced with integration
technologies and practices as well as business acumen, are
essential for success.-- Your retail environment experience and
expertise with API?s, services, and cloud-based technologies, will
help build solutions to meet our business goals.-- The solutions
you create will bridge classic systems with transformational
on-premise, and cloud-based solutions throughout the entire CarMax
ecosystem.-- As a senior software developer, you will work side by
side with other developers and product teams, designing, building,
and implementing integrations and applications.What you will do ?
- Design and Develop integrations and applications using a
variety of technologies.-- Technologies include .NET (C#), cloud
based PAAS / IAAS, third party solutions, API gateway, enterprise
service bus and messaging middleware platforms.
- Develop Azure cloud solutions using services, functions, and
other key cloud platform components.
- Implement continuous integration and DevOps practices,
including automated testing.
- Develop robust monitoring and alerting.
- Create technical and support artifacts for applications and
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation as the
support expert for team owned platforms and
applications.Qualifications and requirements
- Experience with API design and development required.
- 5+ years of full stack application development experience
- Hands on programming using C# .Net, and Azure.
- Experience integrating cloud-based technologies and solutions
- Experiencing scripting Infrastructure as code in a CI/CD
- Prior experience working with container technology such as
Docker, version control systems (SVN, GitHub, etc.), build
management and CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.), and
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent
written and spoken communication required.
- REST APIs, and JSON required.
- Knowledge of JSON and XML concepts, frameworks and standards,
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps methodologies
- 5+ years of retail industry experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases, SQL and NoSQL
knowledge and experience preferred.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is
preferred.Experience in the following
- Microsoft .NET (C#) required.
- Microsoft Azure required.
- REST API design required.
- Tibco Business Works 5.X, or similar ESB technology,
- Tibco Enterprise Messaging Service (EMS), or similar queuing
- Tibco Business Events, or similar CEP technology, preferredUpon
an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Keywords: CarMax, Richmond , Sr Software Developer - REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!