Middleware System Administrator (Remote Position)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Stefanini is looking for a Middleware System Administrator
- Responsible for computer network activities associated with the
installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring,
maintenance and security of file transfer services in the
organization. Designs, develops, modifies, tests and evaluates
programs for functional areas.
- Analyzes existing programs, formulates requirements for new
systems, performs coding and tests/debugs programs. Follows
transition and system implementation plans. Recommends changes in
development, maintenance and system standards.
- Assists users in transition and implementation of new
systems/programs. A senior level position requires a seasoned
professional with a full understanding of industry practices with a
high level of work experience and proficiency in field.
- Consultants should have experience in IBM's Connect: Direct,
IBMs Sterling File Gateway, IBM's Sterling Secure Proxy, IBM's
Sterling Control Center, IBM's SEAS and Axway Secure
- These consultants will be asked to perform on-call duties and
will be requested at the Experienced to Senior
- Provides high level technical support, problem management,
change management and maintenance on systems.
- Performs problem analysis for complex configurations of
critical file transfer systems.
- Performs complex installation, configuration, customization and
tuning. Provides input on answers to technical questions and
problems while adhering to standards and procedures.
- Assists in strategic planning and architecture and design.
Makes recommendations on functional and business requirements.
- Participates in project activities and provides technical
assistance for assigned projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Has the ability to adapt to our culture and learn the way we
manage and support our systems.
- Knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge pertaining to concepts and
principles in functional area. General knowledge of
department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System
operations, policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Communications: Excellent interpersonal, negotiation,
creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written
communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
- Risk Management: The individual] is responsible for
understanding and applying risk management discipline in
decision-making and contributing to his or her function`s risk
- Decision Making: Works under direction and guidance in planning
details of procedures and methods to attain definite
- Makes decisions within established or widely accepted
standards. Achieves assigned/planned results by decisions and
actions based on professional methods, training, business
principles, and practical experience.Job Requirements:Technical
- In depth knowledge and work experience installing and
configuring IBM Connect: Direct, IBM Sterling Secure Proxy, IBM
Sterling File Gateway, Axway Secure Transport and related file
- Expert knowledge and work experience with: Upgrading and
patching file transfer software in Unix and Windows environments,
Installation and use of digital certificates, Using Ansible to
design upgrade and patching scripts.
- Experience/knowledge in AIX/Linux systems, Unix, networking and
- Experience in Windows Operating System Special Considerations:
This will be a remote position
Keywords: Stefanini, Richmond , Middleware System Administrator (Remote Position), IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!