Digital Engineering - Software Engineering - Lead Associate (Remote)
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nations housing finance system while being part of an inclusive
team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our
industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as a team lead in
the designing, producing, testing, or implementing software,
technology, or processes, as well as lead processes for creating
and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Digital Engineering - Software Engineering - Lead Associate
role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own,
while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on
the following responsibilities
- Independently determine the needs of the customer while
identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across
- Applying advanced skill, knowledge and experience, design and
develop software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Use a process-driven approach to leading design solutions.
Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous
implementation tasks across teams.
- May maintain or oversee the maintenance of existing
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate multiple
cross-functional teams to achieve strategic business goals and
- Has industry-leading knowledge of different aspects in software
design and development including design and development,
maintainability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Expert technical knowledge of programming languages and
software engineering principles. Able to prescribe software
patterns and tools to achieve desired business outcomes as well as
guide the team to create maintainable and high-quality
- Drives improvements to our organization's technology.
Contributes ideas and new tools and solutions to streamline
integrations and reduce friction and increase reliability between
- Leads teams in developing and expanding product roadmaps,
translating design requirements, and prototyping solutions for
reduction of development inefficiencies.
- Knowledge of native cloud solutions, design patterns, and key
cloud services. Able to design effective cloud solutions to create
scalable and performant applications.
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in
effort to meet strategic objectives.
- Excellent communication skills. The candidate will be able to
break down and describe the technical and conceptual aspects of
software in a manner that is easily understood as well as being
able to organize and lead others to understand proposed designs or
- Very knowledgeable in security best practices like the
principle of least privilege and secure application integration
patterns. Able to propose solutions to common or discovered
- Manage root-cause analysis of operating errors for running
applications and developing corrective solutions with respect to
long-term reliability and quality assurance. Ensures setup of
application monitoring tools to diagnose issues in actively running
- Establishes code-quality standards for team members, setting a
high bar for others on their team and in the organization.
- Expert in analyzing existing software, reviewing and code of
others, with the ability of suggesting improvements or identifying
weaknesses. Gives constructive feedback to team members to improve
quality over time.
- Skilled in test automation implementation leveraging automated
testing frameworks, including data-driven testing, unit testing,
and regression testing for both API and browser channels.
- Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system
performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs,
outputs, and process.
- Experience using software version management tools and
branching patterns to achieve frictionless code integration and
- Expert in Java (11+), including OOP concepts, memory
management, JVM configuration
- Software design prototyping skills, UML drawing and
- Skilled in AWS Services like S3, ECS/EC2, Lambda, SQS, Aurora,
ELB, Cloudfront, etc.
- Skilled in frontend development including HTML, CSS
- Skilled in leveraging CICD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience using Git and publish code to a source repository
- Familiarity with OAuth 2.0 (JWT)
- Understands containerization technology (Docker)
- Skilled in using Cucumber for supporting Behavior Driven
- Experience with RESTful APIs and best practices
- Skilled in leveraging test frameworks like Selenium for
JOB REFID: REF10588P
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted our workplace and
hiring processes to better safeguard our employees, candidates, and
new hires. We understand that this is an unprecedented situation
and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these
processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local
health administration guidance. While the company's operating
status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of
Fannie Mae's workforce is remote until further notice. We continue
to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition,
all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a
confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they
have an approved accommodation. Click here to go directly to
information about accommodations.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Richmond , Digital Engineering - Software Engineering - Lead Associate (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!