Lead Software Architect - Services
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Description :We are a group of Disney technologists who love
to work on the latest technology to build new features and improve
existing components of Disney's Online Commerce Platform
specializing in Ticketing Products. We also take pride in building
the next generation of Commerce products for several business units
within the Walt Disney Company. Key Products within Commerce
include Tickets, Annual Passes, Special Events, Park Reservations,
Unified Checkout across many products including Dining and Lodging
across Walt Disney World, Disneyland California, and Disneyland
- Collaborate in a constructive manner with team members and
technical and non-technical business partners
- Design and implement software features thinking upfront in
terms of efficiency, scalability, and stability.
- Lead engineers, providing guidance, feedback, code reviews, and
- Participate in Brainstorming Phases of Large-Scale Efforts
within Commerce and other areas of Disney Parks and Experience
- Lead design reviews with peers and partners to present/decide
among available technologies or solutions.
- Participate in full lifecycle of software development.
- Write and test product code.
- Review code providing feedback with style guidelines,
testability, and efficiency in mind.
- Help existing documentation.
- Triage production issues: debugging/tracking and resolving them
by analyzing the source of the problem.
- Identify areas of improvement in our application ecosystem and
patterns of repeated problems proposing solutions that can be
- Elaborate and explain execution plans to technical and
- Set best practices to improve scalability, performance, and
availability based on technical and business considerationsBasic
- 7+ years' experience in Software Development
- Experience within a fast-paced, software application delivery,
and product launch environment
- Technical expertise with:
- Java, JVM internals (Memory management, garbage collection,
- Web Containers (e.g., Tomcat server)
- Experience developing spring boot-based RESTful
- Experience writing RESTful APIs (API versioning, documentation,
- Database modeling
- ORM frameworks/specifications (JPA or Hibernate)
- Experience with AWS Suite (Service Management and Deployments,
EC2 and ECS Containers, Lambdas, DynamoDB, or MariaDB/MySQL)
- Experience with unit testing best practices
- Source control systems (GitLab/GitHub)
- Experience designing back-end distributed systems for high
availability, high throughput, and low latency.
- Development Experience with expectation of -50% or more Code
Engagement -and Detailed Knowledge in areas:
- Messaging Patterns (Queuing vs Pub/Sub)
- HTTP/HTTPS protocol knowledge
- Relational Database knowledge (Primary keys, Indexes, Foreign
- Basic cryptographic knowledge (symmetric/asymmetric encryption
- Web-based application security mechanisms (OAuth, HMAC)
- Knowledge of RESTful architectural style
- Experience writing API specifications
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues
- Hands-on Knowledge on Design Patterns - Great understanding in
the following design patterns: Singleton, Factory, Observer,
Builder, Adapter, Publisher/Subscriber, Decorator.
- Hands On Knowledge on Data Structures - Using Lists, Sets,
Maps, Linked Lists, Queues, Stacks.
- Hands-on Knowledge of Algorithms- solve coding problems on
whiteboard, Big O notation, time, and space complexity of the
algorithms.Preferred Qualifications :
- 7+ years' Experience in Full Stack Development
- Experience engaging in technology platforms supporting complex
business engagements and engineering collaborationsRequired
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
Related Disciplines, or Equivalent Professional ExperiencePreferred
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
Related Disciplines, or Equivalent Professional
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Richmond , Lead Software Architect - Services, IT / Software / Systems , Chesterfield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!