ETL Developer (Talend)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$102,600.00 - $169,200.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Do you have experience in Data and
Analytics including ETL tools such as Talend and Ab Initio? Are you
seeking a dynamic, diverse and growth oriented environment in
technology? Is passion for problem solving in your DNA? Are you
seeking a company that offers comprehensive benefits including a
pension and a matching 401K? Imagine the possibilities at
Travelers!Travelers Data Engineering team constructs pipelines that
contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire
enterprise. As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in growing
and transforming our analytics landscape. In addition to your
strong analytical mind, you will bring your inquisitive attitude
and ability to translate the stories found in data. You will
leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions
that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business
intelligence/insights.What Will You Do?
- Build and operationalize complex data solutions, correct
problems, apply transformations, and recommend data
- Design data solutions.
- Analyze sources to determine value and recommend data to
include in analytical processes.
- Incorporate core data management competencies including data
governance, data security and data quality.
- Collaborate within and across teams to support delivery and
educate end users on data products/analytic environment.
- Perform data and system analysis, assessment and resolution for
defects and incidents of moderate complexity and correct as
- Test data movement, transformation code, and data
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Six years of related experience (minimum 3 years of Talend and
minimum 3 years in another ETL tool either Ab Initio or
- Proficient use of tools, techniques, and manipulation including
Cloud platforms, programming languages, and an understanding of
data engineering practices.
- The ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to
achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch
releases, and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the
ability to understand technical concepts and possess in-depth
knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills,
allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or
systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to interact with team members and business partners.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track
record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth
opportunities.What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree or equivalent training with data tools,
techniques, and manipulation.
- Four years of data engineering or equivalent experience.What Is
in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Richmond , ETL Developer (Talend), IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!