Junior Full-Stack Software Developer
Company: SimVentions, Inc - Glassdoor --- 4.6
Posted on: January 26, 2023
SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places to
Work, is in need of a Junior Software Developer to join our Agile
team! You'll be part of a team that's responsible for the full
software life cycle, from concept to deployment to maintenance for
a multitude of corporate enterprise tools serving 100K+ users.
- Utilize skills to learn, understand and develop a wide array of
corporate -business tools that use an legacy and modern
technologies in unique ways
- Working with development teams and product managers to ideate
- Building the front-end of applications with an eye for
appealing visual design
- Testing software to ensure responsiveness and
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with existing
- Occasionally represent the team at customer meetings
- Participate in daily and weekly scrum -activities
- Provide assistance to teammates and customers alike
- Provide end user assistance and outreach
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and team skills including not being
afraid to ask questions, sharing status of work, and sending
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Interest in learning new skills and tools
- Ability to work to goals and timelines established by scrum
- Resume should include detailed information about projects
during college and/or related paid/unpaid work during college
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce
guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities,
all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or
have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
- Minimum 1 day/per week required on site.
- Must live within commutable distance to Dahlgren, VA -
Preferred Skills & Experience: - -
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience developing web-based applications
- Knowledge -of multiple front-end languages and libraries (e.g.
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. Java, Python,
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB), web
servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Education: - -Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred.
Minimum Clearance: - -Ability to Obtain a Secret Clearance
Location: Mostly Remote (Must live within 1 hr's drive to Dahlgren
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with
other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It's also
a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our
employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take
pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions
to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the
expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will
allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.Get Involved in
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company
is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage
that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our
team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge
technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on,
you will be having a direct impact on our customer's success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don't just hire the smartest people. We hire
experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what
they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided
challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of
- Resources: - excellent facilities, tools, and training
opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice
- Fitness/Well-being: - opportunities to participate in company
sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for
personal and professional development plus great training
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job
- Regular communication ("All-Hands", "SimV Share", "Imagineering
Day") to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is
happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional
- What you bring to the table---
FTACEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: SimVentions, Inc - Glassdoor --- 4.6, Richmond , Junior Full-Stack Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Champlain, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!