Technical Support Analyst
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: March 19, 2023
- The Office of Information Management is seeking multiple
positions for dynamic, customer service-oriented individuals to
join the team.
- This position serves as an Information Technology Support
Specialist responsible for agency-specific end-user support
services and systems access requests.
- Provides customer service for requests received through
multiple contact avenues, including telephone, in-person, email,
and IT Service Management tools.
- Provides problem management, troubleshooting, and escalations
to resolve customer IT issues.
- Support user inquiries associated with Microsoft Desktop
products including, but not limited to Windows, SharePoint, MS
Office Suite, and Gmail.
- Support IT Security group with the approval of new and existing
software requests, administrative accounts, account provisioning,
and de-provisioning of user accounts, firewall requests, and
- Manage Agency Information Security Awareness user
- Assist in documenting processes and creating tech tips, job
aids, and other tools to enhance customer experience.
- Provide IT training to customers to ensure the successful use
of IT equipment and applications.
- Provides friendly and courteous customer service to all users;
develops and maintains positive relationships with system owners,
users, and developers.
- Able to work independently, assuming responsibility for
specific critical projects/systems such as preparing detailed
statistical reports, records, and documents to support
administrative activities related to inventory, maintenance, and
tracking of agency hardware, equipment, etc.
- Work collaboratively as a team player with other services
support staff members, maintaining constant communication with each
other as well as backup staff as it relates to current activity,
procedural changes, and schedule; responsible for timely
communication of issues and outages to the user community, peers
and the development team; follows up with users prior to any major
implementation for validation pre- implementation tasks; documents
user issues in the OIM issue tracking tool.
- Asset management support activities including hardware asset
Moves, Adds, Changes, and Deletes (MACD).
- Software management and deployment.
- Support VITA statewide infrastructure upgrades and improvements
including network connectivity, telecommunications, and networked
print devices. +
- Reviews and recommends procurement of technology hardware and
- The following qualifications are highly preferred:
- Experience analyzing and researching customer
- Experience on a technical help desk; supporting and testing
custom-built applications; and working with issue-tracking
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
related field or equivalent combination of training and
- The selected candidates will have the following minimum
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, mapping network drives, and
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette and problems related to
computer hardware and software.
- Excellent Word; Excel; Google/Google Suite. analytical skills;
customer service; keyboarding. problem-solving; troubleshooting;
spelling and grammar skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing
with individuals and groups.
- Strong Customer Service skills that include a Customer first
- Ability to multitask; remain calm and patient; work
independently and as a team member; provide clear and accurate
explanations; follow standard operating procedures and guidelines;
handle difficult customers using tact and diplomacy; navigate
within application systems; distinguish between software and
hardware issues; understand changing technologies; maintain
confidentiality; make decisions using independent judgment; set
priorities; work well under pressure, and triage and elevate issues
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Richmond , Technical Support Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...