Senior QA Automater Tester
Company: Saxon Global
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Client - State of VA
Title - Senior QA Automation Tester
Location - Richmond. VA (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
Duration - 12+ months
They must have selenium experience & UFT. Also need to have been a lead in the past, they will be training the other QA testers how to test the new code for the mainframe modernization project!
They need someone who will be on site at least 3 days a week, very excited & enthusiastic with training others & will be very engaging!
- 7+ years of proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester with good understanding of QA methodologies and processes
- Experience applying extensive technical expertise in the area of performance testing and advanced scripting.
- Possess full knowledge of industry standard SDLCs, including Agile methodology.
- Effective communication, presentation, and reasoning skills, with the ability to work well in a team oriented, collaborative environment, and with users across all levels of experience
- Ability to apply knowledge learned through reading technical manuals, documentation and through outside research
- Extensive (and recent) experience using and supporting HP UFT/Micro Focus & HP ALM.
- Previous experience serving as a mentor to coworkers of various skill levels
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Independently performing tasks required for automated test development, including review acceptance criteria, create test scenarios, implement data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Executing manual and automated test cases, recording test results, analyzing test failures, and reporting issues to the appropriate team.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining test data and environments required for testing.
- Recommending and/or performing appropriate non-functional testing.
- Providing mentoring, support, and backup for other QA team members. Assists and provides direction to co-workers in using new techniques and in solving their more complex technical problems
- Providing thorough documentation, including test planning, strategies, and bug reports.
- Evaluate, propose and help implement improvements to automated testing strategies and toolsets that result in increased efficiency and reduced risk.
- Evaluate Non-Functional Requirement documents and identify performance test needs; types of tests, scripting scenarios, etc.
- Working with other Agency staff to help install and manage HP UFT/Micro Focus and ALM software
Required Skills :
Basic Qualification :
Additional Skills :
Background Check :Yes
Drug Screen :Yes
Selling points for candidate :
Project Verification Info :
Candidate must be your W2 Employee :No
Exclusive to Apex :No
Face to face interview required :No
Candidate must be local :No
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship ::No
Interview times set : :No
Type of project :Testing
Master Job Title :QA/SW Tester
Branch Code :Richmond
Client - State of VA
Keywords: Saxon Global, Richmond , Senior QA Automater Tester, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
here to apply!