Senior Software Tester/QA Analyst
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: May 27, 2023
- Requirements analysis and review.
- Execute test plans to ensure that all objectives are
- Write and update (manual) test scripts.
- Securing and maintaining repeatable test data.
- Attend daily meetings with team members to discuss
- Assist with application design and acceptance criteria
solicitation as necessary.
- Coordinate application deployments with development
- Test applications and verify functionality in accordance with
published requirements, test cases, procedures, and user
- Facilitate test review sessions as needed to execute integrated
and system testing activities.
- Creates and owns the development and maintenance of the test
strategy/plan on projects of all sizes and complexities with
- Understands the individual components of the system and how
they interact with one another.
- Self-starter that is able to anticipate the next steps in the
design and development of the test strategy.
- Understanding the boundaries of the system and validating the
impact of various processes on the system produces desired
- Communicate and document test results to involved parties and
work with stakeholders to ensure applications are being developed
- Escalates issues and risks to project leadership in accordance
with best practices.
- Work closely with developers and business analysts to ensure
product requirements are met.
- Ensure quality assurance procedures meet ABC/ITSD established
development and testing standards.
- Ensure tasks identified in the master test and quality
assurance plans are executed in accordance with defined
- Maintain project documentation.
- Provides detailed communication that is both respectful and
transparent with management and peers.
- Exhibits openness to others' views.
- Works independently and with others while managing multiple
- Maintains study program to enhance QA skills and knowledge of
- Strong time management skills.
When Functioning as a lead QA Analyst on a project:
- Ensures that the test strategy/plan is executed based on the
design and within agreed-upon timeframes.
- Identifies and allocates tasks to the QA team on the
- Establishes standards and norms for the QA team on the
- Defines and ensures the quality, completeness, and timeliness
of all deliverables generated by the quality assurance team on the
- Ensures professional interactions of the QA team with key
- Manages the testing portion of the requirements traceability
- Assists analysts on the team in completing tasks and resolving
- Partners with Project Manager to remove impediments to analysis
- Resolves conflicts between members of the analysis team and any
other resource(s) or stakeholder(s) on the project.
- Facilitates and participates in peer reviews.
- Represents the QA team in project meetings.
- Reports on the status of analysis team activities to the
project manager/coordinator and QA supervisor on a weekly
- Required Education, Experience, Licensure, and
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university with coursework
in information systems or computer.
- science; from a community college or equivalent with coursework
in information systems or computer.
- programming; or with acceptable work experience in information
- Certification in Quality.
- Assurance Software Testing (CTFL, etc), is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Extensive knowledge of software testing and maintaining
documented quality assurance processes.
- Knowledge of industry web and client-server testing best
practices and quality assurance methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Rational Unified Process, Software Engineering
Institutes (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), and
- Strong knowledge of SQL database systems and
- Knowledge of fundamental quality assurance concepts, practices,
and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- Experience with Jira and Zephyr.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Variety of testing experiences such as integration, smoke,
interface, regression, performance, and functional
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Richmond , Senior Software Tester/QA Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Mechanicsville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...