Field Service Electrician
Company: Securus Technologies
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job Purpose: Field Service Electrician (FSE) is a licensed Journeymen electrician who is responsible for completing all the required electrical work (conduit, cabling/fiber) and to install all Securus' products, features and equipment including but not limited to: phones, kiosks, WAPs, tablets and video terminals. Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots, and operates telecommunications hardware, associated LAN/WAN/Networking hardware/software, various electronic equipment and ensuring correctional facilities are installed to the applicable codes and standards both industry and Securus. Essential Duties
- Performs all of the electrical work required to install Securus' products, features and equipment nationwide including conduits, cabling, fiber and wireless.
- Installs, maintains, programs and repairs telecommunications hardware, associated LAN/WAN/networking hardware/software, various electronic equipment and wiring per specifications, codes, standards and operational procedures in correctional facilities
- Installs phones, kiosk, video terminals, WAP's, tablets and other required equipment within correctional facilities across the country
- Gather, update, record, provide to management and maintain related data and/or statistics
- Manages and maintains assigned company inventories and assets (tool, vehicle, parts inventory, laptop etc.)
- Interfaces with many internal Securus organizations, various vendors, contractors, and customers for problem solutions
- Assist in educating and training Securus customers and field service associates - providing information to various internal departments and following direction given on Securus products & services
- Travel to remote sites nationwide for extended periods of time to do installs, service and repairs, and submits expense reports for reimbursement per policy
- Determine when to negotiate alternatives, when to escalate a problem or when to ask for assistance in dealing with the various problems reported
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals
- Additional duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge and the ability to learn of all applicable practices, standards and codes (electrical, cabling, fiber, conduit, industry, Securus and equipment).
- Ability to work all tasks to completion with a high sense of urgency and the highest work quality.
- A self-starter, with the ability to self-train, who can work independently with minimal supervision on complex projects in remote areas to complete them on schedule and within budget.
- Must be able to take on a leadership role and assume responsibility for work performed on installation projects, repairs, and complex issues.
- Strong organizational, planning, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proficient skills with installing, terminating and troubleshooting conduit, copper cabling, wireless networks and fiber optics, in addition to loading configuration files, installing and maintaining all of Securus' equipment, products and features.
- Excel at multi-tasking, setting priorities and tracking issues concurrently.
- Computing and Business Tool experience (Word, Excel, Power point, and Etc...)
- Accept and adapt to change
- Adhere to Field Service Standards and all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Ability to travel up to 100% and be reimbursed for expenses Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Journeymen electricians license (except in states where it is not required)
- 5 years' experience as an licensed electrician Preferred Qualifications:
- Have your own tools
- Master Electrician License
- BICSI Certification
- Microsoft Certifications (A+, N+, MCSE etc---)
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA etc---)\
- Fiber Certification
- Experience working with Windows OS, VOIP, Adtran AOS, Cisco IOS and wireless technology
- Electronics / Electrical Certification or Degree
- Previous experience working in law enforcement or correctional environment Physical Requirements: Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. It is the Company's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation. Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: Securus Technologies, Richmond , Field Service Electrician, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!