Senior Software Engineer - DevOps and Cloud
Company: Capital One
Posted on: October 12, 2018
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer - DevOps and Cloud As a Capital One hands-on Senior DevOps Engineer (Infrastructure as Code - IaC), you will use your passion for DevOps, Unix and Cloud Engineering daily. For this position, you will be working with emerging technologies such as: AWS, EC2/ASG, Docker, Lambda, EFS, S3, IAM to name a few. Right now at Capital One, we are building a high availability, extremely low latency online credit card authorization processes that leverages machine learning models to approve or decline purchases at the point of sale. To make these exciting enhancements, we are looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer with a passion for these technologies and a desire to lead ongoing projects.
In this role as a DevOps Software Engineer, you will be:
- Working within and across Agile teams to lead design discussions.
- Leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of tech trends and experiment with and learn new technologies
- Encouraging innovation and the implementation of cutting-edge technologies
- Working in a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment
- Building pipelines and maintaining the infrastructure of Capital One s DevOps and Cloud environment
- Supporting containerization efforts utilizing tools such as Docker and Jenkins
- Assisting with the migration from Chef to Kubernetes Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with one of the following DevOps tools: GitHub, Docker, Jenkins, or Ansible
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- Experience in a Java programming environment
- Master s Degree At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associated topics: architect, back end, c, c/c++, c#, devops, java, matlab, maven, software architect
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Senior Software Engineer - DevOps and Cloud, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!