Master Software Engineer, DevOps
Company: Capital One
Posted on: October 12, 2018
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, VirginiaAt Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.Master Software Engineer, DevOpsAs a Capital One hands-on Senior DevOps Engineer (Infrastructure as Code - IaC), you use your passionate for dev-ops, Unix and cloud engineering daily. You will work on everything on back end systems processing huge files that are critical to Capital One operations. You'll bring solid experience in emerging technologies such as: AWS, EC2/ASG, Docker, Lambda, EFS, S3, IAM to name a few.We are building a high availability, extremely low latency online credit card authorization processes that leverages machine learning models to approve or decline purchases at the point of sale.What you ll do:
- Hands on engineer working with distributed systems, integrations and protocols.
- Work within and across Agile teams to lead design discussions.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork and self-managed.
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with one of the following DevOps tools: GitHub, Docker, Jenkins, or Ansible
- At least 2 years of experience developing and deploying with Amazon Web ServicesPreferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years in Agile practices
- 2+ years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or PythonAt this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Associated topics: application, backend, back end, c++, matlab, python, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer, sw
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Master Software Engineer, DevOps, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!