Company: Capital One
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Locations: VA - Vienna, United States of America, Vienna, VirginiaAt Capital One, we---re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- You---re driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries
- You---ve got a background in start-ups or passion for cutting edge technology, because this particular gig is entirely focused on creating an online servicing platform no one thought was possible at ---a bank---.What you'll do:
- Perform complex application programming activities in the latest technologies:-- Angular, Typescript, Node.js, Java, HTML, CSS, and more.
- Create features that are scalable, accessible and renders effectively across multiple browsers, operating systems, and device types (Desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.)
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Inspire junior engineers to push the boundaries of technology along side of you.
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone---s socks off.What we---re looking for:
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- Comfort working in ambiguity---and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don---t form an opinion and sell it as if it---s gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts. (So if you like structure, process, and guidelines, this probably isn---t for you.)
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.Bonus points:
- You---ve shipped outstanding websites/apps from concept to launch; you---ve got examples you can share right now.
- You have full stack programming experience in multiple programming languages and can---t wait to learn more.
- You have experience building and deploying in the Cloud.Basic Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience designing, developing and delivering web applications
- At least 3 years of experience developing or delivering REST web services
- Bachelor---s Degree, military experience or relevant work experience
- At least 2 years of experience with public cloud oriented architectures in AWS or Microsoft Azure
- At least 2 years of experience with single page web application technologies including Angular, Ember or Node.js
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- At least 2 years of experience as IT consultant or in an IT start-upAt this time, Capital One--will not--sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!