Master Software DevOps Engineer
Company: Capital One
Posted on: November 10, 2018
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, VirginiaAt Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.Master Software DevOps Engineer Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and master DevOps engineers who can envision next generation software innovations. Our team is enthusiastic, collaborative, innovative and eager to support our rapidly changing world of applications and cloud automation. You play a critical role responsible for design, implementation and automation of complex cloud application. Thriving on collaborative innovation, you will join a team of talented engineers that enjoy working together.
What you'll do:
- Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Cloudformation etc.
- Contribute in the DevOps team to build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating on AWS
- Lead and Mentor junior Engineers
- Development and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify build process and entire continuous delivery pipeline
- Continuously improve deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 100% up-time
- Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of experience building and deploying automation CI/CD/CT technologies
- At least 2 years of experience in Linux Shell scripting
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud related technologies with AWS, Azure, GCE, or OpenStack
- At least 2 years of experience with Orchestration technologies with Jenkins Docker, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef, or Terraform Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified in Java, AWS, Microsoft, Jenkins, Chef or related technologies
- 2+ years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring and Jersey
- 2+ years of experience in database technologies with SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- 4+ years of experience with scripting languages with Ruby, Python, or Perl At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Master Software DevOps Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!