Master Software Engineer - Data Transformation (Spark Scala
Company: Capital One
Posted on: November 11, 2018
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Employer, were building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Employer is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer - Data Transformation (Spark Scala AWS Python)
As a Employer Master Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building generic data pipelines & frameworks using open source tools on public Cloud platforms. The right candidate for this role is someone who is passionate about technology, interact with product owners and technical stakeholders, thrives under pressure, and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results with good teamwork skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to influence and interact with fellow technologists beyond his team, influence technology partners across the enterprise and mentors junior developers on the team. Youll bring solid experience in emerging and cutting-edge technologies such as: Spark, Scala/Java/Python, AngularJS, Python, REST, JSON, Ansible, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Jenkins/Maven, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Hands-on senior developer to lead a team of data engineers and system integrators in an Agile environment leveraging advanced engineering practices to deliver scale solutions for the Global Finance Business
- Lead portfolio of diverse technology projects that help meet regulatory needs for the company
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Develop generic data frameworks and data products that maintain the highest availability, performance, and strive for simplicity
- Knowledge, passion for and ability to lead software engineers developing in: AWS, Spark, Scala, Python and DevOps Automation, Integration, Build and Deployment Tools
- Ability to provide solution architecture to solve complex business problems
- Establish technical credibility across their internal teams and the external engineering community
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience designing and implementing Big-data solutions
- At least 3 years of experience leading software engineering teams in an Agile environment
- At least 5 years of experience with object-oriented programming and design
- At least 7 years of experience in data engineering, data management and architectural standards
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Computing
- 3+ years CI/CD experience
- AWS certification
At this time, Employer will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Master Software Engineer - Data Transformation (Spark Scala, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!