Master Software Engineer
Company: Capital One
Posted on: November 11, 2018
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Employer, were building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Employer is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer
As a Employer Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
You'll bring continuous delivery mindset with solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Spring (Boot/Batch), AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Spark, Kafka,Chef, Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions - Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Lead and/or mentor a team of engineers
- Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- At least 6 years of experience in Java EE
- At least 2 years of experience in developing RESTful Application Program Interfaces.
- At least 2 years of experience using Spring or at least 2 years of experience using Jersey
- 2+ years experience in one of the following: MSSQL, PostgreSQL, No-SQL, MongoDB, or DynamoDB
- 3+ years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, Google, OpenStack
- 3+ years experience in one of the following Build and CICD technologies: lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 3+ Years experience in one of the following Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 2+ years experience with one of the following: HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 2+ years experience with one of the following Agile methodologies: Scrum, SAFe, and/or Kanban
- Formal certification in one of the following: Java, Spring, or AWS
- 1+ year of experience in Web/UI development and testing including: HTML, CSS, AngularJS/NodeJS
At this time, Employer will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Richmond , Master Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!