Architectural Site Surveyor
Company: Menemsha Development
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Firm Profile: For over the last 25 years, our people have been the secret to our success. Menemsha provides award-winning architecture and interior design, facility survey and assessment, and a full array of general contracting services. Established in 1992, we have delivered thousands of successful projects to both private and public sector clients throughout North America and internationally. Menemshas reputation is built on innovation, technical excellence, and outstanding delivery. We cater to the retail, banking, restaurant, grocery, and convenience store industries. Some of our most recent clients include Citibank, Bank of America, Verizon Wireless, Z Gallerie, Lululemon, Crocs, Starbucks, McDonalds, Safeway, Wawa, Santander Bank, CVS Pharmacy, Kellwood, Darden, T-Mobile, etc. Together we nurture an inclusive and collaborative culture that embraces new ideas and exciting new technologies. We empower each other to succeed. We celebrate our successes. We stand on great thinking, not on formality. And most importantly, we recognize each of us has passions outside of work too. Thats why we support our staff in all that they do. Menemsha is a great place to invest in your talent, to learn from others, and to grow. There is something special happening at Menemsha and we invite you to take a look for yourself. We look forward to saying hello. POSITION DESCRIPTION: National retail development firm seeking individual or small firm as an independent contractor/site surveyor to prepare existing condition drawings and gather as-built documentation in AutoCAD format for commercial and retail buildings. The Site Surveyor will work with our Project Managers and team in the Los Angeles office for project assignments, schedule, and general requirements. Candidate will be provided training on Menemsha's as-build survey processes and technologies. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct site surveys and collect as-built data.
- Produce project-specific as-built drawings as scheduled.
- Proficient in basic construction methodology.
- Proficient in identification and documentation of typical commercial mechanical, electric and plumbing systems.
- Ability to read construction documents.
- Provide quality deliverables (survey data) in the format and distribution method identified by project lead.
- Ability to follow directions, understand project scope, maintain project schedule and complete designated phase of work on time and within budget established.
- Flexible schedule required for project duration.
- Ability to travel extensively during project duration is a plus REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend training as scheduled.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- 3+ years AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Site survey and development experience required.
- Experience drafting architectural construction documents.
- Knowledge and proficient use of current site survey technologies
- Familiarity of basic construction knowledge, pre-construction services, architectural and MEP trades.
- Must invest in your own field survey equipment, i.e. laser measuring device, tape measure, laptop computer with internet connectivity, AutoCAD compatible software, and digital camera with minimum 10 mp resolution.
- Must have cell phone.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred candidate will have strong work ethic, be diligent, and self-motivated.
- Must meet independent contractor requirements.
- Must provide proof of auto insurance.
- Valid drivers license required and clean driving record.
- Must invest in your own field survey equipment, i.e. laser measuring device, tape measure, laptop computer with internet connectivity, AutoCAD software, and Ricoh Theta 360 panorama camera. .
Keywords: Menemsha Development, Richmond , Architectural Site Surveyor, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!