Network Architect (Job #5779)
Posted on: March 18, 2019
SLAIT Consulting is currently staffing an exciting, permanent Network Design Engineer/ Architect role for our client in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for the overarching infrastructure systems and design to ensure that they inter-operate appropriately, are tied into the enterprise architectural requirements, and have a consistent technical direction. This position will be responsible for the review of the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of all infrastructure environments across IT operations. This involves the uniformity of application implementations under their influence, proper performance of those environments, and the future vision of IT operations alignment with the overall enterprise direction. This position will be responsible for ensuring that infrastructure developed meets architectural and quality expectations this position requires a broad knowledge of applicable business processes. The position will work with the Architecture team to develop standards and design patterns and will receive performance feedback from the Director of Architecture in addition to that of their Development Manager/Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to design complex infrastructure systems that impact multiple infrastructure domains across IT Operations
• Champion of the methodology by demonstrating ownership of the design aspects of the operations lifecycle
• Passionate about supporting & ownership of all areas of infrastructure systems
• Consistently shows the ability to mentor others in the production of all artifacts required of an Engineer, Analyst or Principal Analyst
• Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system design requirements, identify potential issues, and perform cost analysis related costs to each project.
• Ability to strategically analyze the risks, benefits and opportunities associated with a proposed design or solution
• Broad understanding of the business processes implemented across the organization.
• Able to effectively estimate time required for technical efforts for projects of all sizes
• Responsible for reviewing and mentoring the successful work of others in evaluating the business objectives, developing user requirements and generating technical specifications for all infrastructure systems within IT operations.
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement infrastructure networks, systems and equipment that impact multiple i environments across all of IT.
• Proven experience designing modifications to existing systems, designing reusable components, and elimination of redundancy in designs throughout IT Operations.
• Demonstrate technical infrastructure architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in design of production, staging, QA and development infrastructures running in a 24x7 environment
• Experience in multiple large projects in leading the definition, selection, and implementation of enterprise tools, technologies, and processes
• Ability to engage in a critical support situation and effectively, efficiently, and quickly drive to a successful resolution
• Establishes level of service standards and operating procedures for overall system availability and individual system components
• Produce design documents to effectively hand over to other Operations departments for successful implementation
• Knowledge of current and emerging industry technologies
Customer Interaction and Business Knowledge:
• Ability to understand and document business requirements as well as provide a proposal of the appropriate solution
• Broad understanding of the business processes supported across the team?s environments
• Ability to lead customer/project meeting(s) for project definitions, needs assessments and design reviews that impact all areas of a team?s systems
• Drives architectural consensus with the team while maintaining awareness with other teams
• Able to influence the technical direction of others in order to drive all projects to successful completion within the architectural standards and guidance
• Proven ability to effectively communicate architectural standards and best practices
• Ability to develop and deliver technical training and business understanding for engineers and analyst.
• Ability to drive through obstacles and time constraints to successfully deliver a project to completion
• Proven ability to recognize areas of improvement in the development lifecycle and recommend action plans
• Ability to drive efficient resolution for system outages as well as performance and functional shortcomings of any infrastructure networks, systems or equipment across IT operations.
§ Partner with the Architecture team to gain consensus and establish application architecture standards, patterns, policies, and best practices
§ Investigating new technologies and techniques and researching ongoing industry developments through a partnership with the Architecture team
§ Assist in forecasting technology implementation budgets
• Expertise in Multiple Vendor Technologies
• Strong Knowledge/Experience in the following:
o Network Design Best Practices
o Network Security
o Network Monitoring
o WiFi Design
o Quality of Service (QOS)
o WAN Optimization Technology
o Application Content Delivery Technology
o Application Performance Monitoring
o IP Telephony
o DNS Design and Operation
o IPV6 and IPV4
o Networking Foundational RFCs
o Network Trouble Shooting
o Packet Capture Analysis
o Hardware Evaluation and Integration
o Cisco CCIE and or CCNP are desirable
§ Proven ability to effectively communicate concepts to a broad based team
§ In-depth experience with architecture design concepts and techniques and the ability to communicate those concepts to a broad based audience
§ Experience in creating and designing infrastructure network and systems throughout the team?s environment and effectively communicating the rational behind the designs
§ Broad understanding of all aspects of the team?s technical infrastructure requirements including security, scalability, and usability
§ Proven experience with working effectively with multiple areas of the business community in order to gather requirements and translate those requirements into architectural designs
§ Work with consultants to guide their technical direction in order to meet the enterprise architectural strategy
§ Demonstrated ability to compare and contrast alternative approaches to meet objectives while assessing risk both quantitatively and qualitatively
§ Possess strong organizational and time management skills
§ Demonstrated flexibility
Education and/or Experience:
• Years of experience, Typically 10+ years of Infrastructure design and implementation experience required
• Education preference, 4 year degree in IT related course of study
• Computer skills, Experience in a broad range of IT infrastructure systems (see Specialties section)
• Certifications, Certification Preferred; Network, Microsoft (see Specialties section)
For consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
4405 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Main: (804) 270-4900
Fax: (804) 279-1091
SLAIT Consulting, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, is a premier provider of information technology services, infrastructure and business solutions to a broad range of commercial clients within the United States. SLAIT Consulting is an EOE.
Keywords: , Richmond , Network Architect (Job #5779), IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!