ETL/ Data Warehouse Developer #2846 (Job #5817)
Posted on: March 18, 2019
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an ETL/ Data Warehouse Developer for a contract to hire position in Richmond, VA.
• 3+ Year experience working with SAS Business Intelligence (BI) tools; SAS Web Report Studio, SAS Cube Studio and SAS Information Map Studio
• 2-4 Years experience working with data warehouse systems and a solid understanding of the data warehouse life cycle
• Demonstrated experience with multi-dimensional data structures
• Familiar with traditional Oracle development tools
• Experience with development of basic PL/SQL procedures to support data aggregation
• 2+ Years of experience working with clients to define and develop BI applications that enhance business decision making capabilities
• A proven ability to develop a clear understanding of clientsa needs and the ability to incorporate them into a BI solution
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication and cross-team coordination skills. Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required
• A team player with the ability to mentor and provide guidance to junior team members
• Interacted with the Business Systems Analysts, users and business leads to understand Business needs.
• Provide technical guidance to Business Analyst and end user to best address business functional requirements.
• Understand the source data components and how they integrate with each other. This might be both relational and dimensional.
• Review and approve the technical specifications provided by the Business Systems Analysts.
• Design and implement BI architectures based on the business, data and functional requirement.
• Deliver the BI high-level design document for program and development team to review.
• Deployment and integration testing of developed components in Development and Test environments.
• Support QA (resolve issues and release fixes) UAT and production support when required.
• Develop, maintain, document and manage BI Solutions using Business Object, SAS and Spotfire
• Develop, maintain, document and manage custom data delivery systems for large scale business intelligence initiatives.
• Partner directly with other BI developers, data architects, clients, other technical data warehouse team members and database administrators to design and develop high performing BI solutions and maintain consistent development functions.
• Ensure solution designs address performance requirements, reusability, availability, integrity, security challenges, and business functional requirements.
• Provide work estimates and proactively communicate to the relevant parties any changes in scheduling. Apply good time management technique.
• Prepare Business Objects system landscape to provide end-to-end BI architecture solution for the project
• Design universes to provide semantic layer between Business Intelligence reporting tools and various data marts
• Create and maintain Universes based on user requirements and data sources with measures and dimensions objects, join conditions, Filters, LOV, cardinality, Aliases, Contexts, Aggregate Awareness.
• Select the appropriate reporting tool (CR 2011, CR for Enterprise, Webi) at the onset of a reporting project. Articulate and document the rationale in the decision making.
• Evaluate and review deliverables from peers.
• And all other duties assigned by the manager and/or supervisor.
For consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
4405 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Main: (804) 270-4900
Fax: (804) 279-1091
SLAIT Consulting, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, is a premier provider of information technology services, infrastructure and business solutions to a broad range of commercial clients within the United States. SLAIT Consulting is an EOE.
Keywords: , Richmond , ETL/ Data Warehouse Developer #2846 (Job #5817), IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!