Technical Consultant Manufacturing 3D (Richmond)
Company: Rand Worldwide, Inc
Posted on: April 18, 2019
We hire for tomorrow!
Are you seeking an opportunity to work for an innovative company
with their eyes on the future* A leader in its field* A company who
strives to build longstanding relationships with its employees and
clients* Then look no further than IMAGINiT and come grow with
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the
way engineers and architects use 3D technology to design, develop,
and manage complex engineering projects. As an Autodesk Platinum
Partner and the largest Authorized Training Center (ATC) Partner in
North America, IMAGINiT is a leading provider of Autodesk design
and engineering solutions to the building, architecture, civil and
We are looking for a Technical Consultant Manufacturing 3D in our
Manufacturing Solutions Division who is passionate about solving
customer problems through technology and professional solutions.
The ideal candidate has a consulting mindset to understand
mechanical engineering and manufacturing challenges in order to
develop and implement leading edge solutions, primarily with
Autodesk Inventor and Vault. He/she will also work with our sales
staff to understand our client s requirements in their local region
and deliver solutions to our clients across the US (so you love to
travel!). As part of a services organization, excellent
communication and customer service are required.
You have a unique blend of technical expertise and exposure to
manufacturing workflows, along with a knack for working with
people, and a consulting mindset to see things from the customer s
perspective. As a Technical Consultant, you will create impact by
contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives adding
value to both the sales and delivery organizations, leading to
personal accomplishments, the success of your team, IMAGINiT, and
Rand Worldwide as a whole.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Assessing client s current business processes to recommend and
implement solutions to meet client needs.
* Working closely with sales staff and clients to document business
goals and related processes, including needs assessments and sales
* Writing deliverable documents as applicable such as statements of
work (SOWs) and recommendations.
* Maintaining an expert level understanding of relevant
technologies and workflows
* Creating intellectual property for the manufacturing industry, as
well as to support sales, marketing and implementation efforts.
* Working primarily with Autodesk Inventor and Vault, AutoCAD,
other CAD design tools, and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
* Delivering application training to our clients, and
industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops,
conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely. Customize
training solutions where applicable.
* Providing consulting, implementation solutions and application
support for client workflows.
* Communicating with project managers and other stakeholders
* Completing technical documentation
* Tracking time and expenses
* Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to
increase IMAGINiT s visibility in the marketplace.
Hours of work and travel:
* 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility as
additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the
goals of the job may be required
* Travel is expected to be 40-50% based on project requirements
* Travel destinations will primarily be domestic, and occasionally
to Canada so you must have a valid passport or be eligible to
* Minimum 3 years work experience in a manufacturing
* Relevant experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
* Experience with a PDM application would be beneficial Autodesk
* Familiarity with both 2D and 3D design processes, the benefits of
3D design, and a working knowledge of the methods by which an
organization might transition from a 2D-centric workflow to a
* Deep knowledge of product design workflows relevant to the
manufacturing process required (sales, purchasing, etc.)
* Training/teaching experience and presentation skills
* Relevant technology implementation experience required, such as
CAD/CAM/CAE, Visualization, PDM, Digital Manufacturing, PLM.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication both verbal and
written, organizational skills, and self-discipline.
* Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Bachelors or Associates degree in Engineering and/or equivalent
* Ability to work effectively across multiple functions,
departments, cultures, geographies and time zones.
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
* A reliable automobile and valid driver s license.
* Ability to travel to throughout the US and Canada
IMAGINiT employees work here because of our vision into the future
of technology solutions and our goal in developing higher quality
deliverables for existing clients and new markets. We give our
employees the ability to create and verbalize their ideas. It is an
important part of who we are at IMAGINiT. Those ideas come from
collaboration with our customers and subsequent design and
deployment, creating a solution that redefines our customer s
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage
applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate
on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws. We are
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with
disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the
application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We reward our technical team s contributions with a competitive
base salary, incentive plan and a comprehensive benefits
Visit us at http://www.rand.com for more information.
Autodesk, Inventor, Vault, AutoCAD, CAD, engineering,
manufacturing, pre sales, post sales, training, design, 3D, PDM,
Keywords: Rand Worldwide, Inc, Richmond , Technical Consultant Manufacturing 3D (Richmond), IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!