Sr. .NET / GIS Developer
Company: Optimal Solutions and Technologies
Posted on: April 18, 2019
POSITION: Sr. .NET / GIS Developer
JOB ID: 3145-RCAT - 4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on
excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting,
Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering
services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be
externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business
knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the
aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense,
education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology &
telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen
to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS
* Design and Develop .NET based GIS Web applications that addresses
the most challenging business, technology, and systems integration
* Perform hands-on GIS application design, programming,
implementation, and support for GIS related projects and
* Perform complex hands-on integrated programming, spatial data
analysis, and application development including maintenance and
future enhancements of existing systems.
* Recommend optimal approaches and develop GIS application
* Advise on alternatives and on implications of new or revised GIS
software and applications.
* Requires the use of ESRI desktop, web and mobile software &
extensions to perform GIS analysis and create professional map
documents for a wide spectrum of projects.
* Work on a variety of new and existing .NET / GIS projects,
perform new development of portal applications, as well as enhance
and maintain existing applications.
* Perform production support / incident management where
troubleshooting is required to determine root cause of outages in
the environment, that could stem from various factors, such as
storage, network, data, etc. and correct hazards to prevent future
* Creation, consumption and manipulation of ArcGIS Server REST
* Work in a matrixed environment with various teams and
stakeholders within the organization
* Work with both the business side and IT side of the
* 5 years of NET, C#, ESRI ArcGIS, Esri GIS Portal, ArcGIS Server,
ArcGIS Online, ArcMap, ArcSDE, SDK and Geoprocessing tools
* 5 years of RDBMS (Sql Server, Oracle), Oracle spatial, JSON, XML,
Web services, REST APIs
* 3 years of ArcGIS Web development skills using HTML5 and Java
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication
* Be able to work with IT infrastructure, database, middleware and
business teams to troubleshoot complex application problems.
* Experience working in an Agile sprint environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
* 3 years of Hands-on experience with Linear Referencing
* 3 years of Python 2.7 or higher, with ArcPy experience desired,
GIS mobile and desktop application implementations
* 1 year of Experience working with systems like TFS for source
control and continuous integration and automation with DevOps
* 1 year of experience with AGOL
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits,
and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To
be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover
letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for
positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin,
age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Optimal Solutions and Technologies, Richmond , Sr. .NET / GIS Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!