Company: Advance Auto Parts
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARYUnder the direction of an attorney, the
Paralegal provides day-to-day support for the real estate law teams
of the Advance Auto Parts legal department. The detail-oriented
person filling this position will be adept at maneuvering through
large, multi-functional and complex organizations and will
demonstrate the ability to foster a positive working relationship
with their peers, corporate attorneys, outside counsel and internal
business partners. Strong project management and organizational
skills are required. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review surveys, title commitments and exception documents.
- Preparing documents relating to a variety of real estate
matters based on consultation with business clients and review by
attorneys, including but not limited to amendments, termination
agreements, memorandum of leases, leases, and standard construction
- Tracking of critical dates related to leases and purchase and
- Providing general assistance in real estate leasing
- Proof reading legal documents to ensure accuracy and
- Analyzing and summarizing documents, zoning ordinances and
statutes for review by attorneys.
- Working closely with attorneys to resolve a variety of
day-to-day issues and supporting a broad range of commercial
transactions and projects.
- Performing legal due diligence.
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing work assignments to consistently
provide high-quality work product within stated deadlines.
- Conduct necessary legal and/or business research and provide
timely, clearly written and relevant information in response to
- Track and manage legal matters and their related expenses in
the legal billing system. Prepare reports regarding status,
progress and costs of matters managed or handled. Recognize and
report on trends and problem areas; recommend courses of action to
promote efficiency and cost-effective measures.
- Assist in electronic discovery process by creating and
distributing legal holds, tracking legal holds and custodians as
they change positions or leave the company, assessing when holds
can be lifted, in consultation with attorney supervisors, and
communicating with hold recipients regarding status.
- Create and update spreadsheet files and reports.
- Assist in making appointments and arranging travel schedules
and reservations for attorneys and leasing managers. Distribute
mail and faxes throughout the day in a timely manner. Maintain task
list for supervisors and monitor deadlines as requested. Create and
maintain filing systems. Assist other department personnel with the
distribution of mail and accept service of process.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
interpersonal skills, and strong judgment required. Ability to
read, analyze and interpret complex legal and business documents.
Ability to respond discreetly and effectively to the most sensitive
inquiries or complaints, and handle confidential information.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on
controversial and/or complex topics to management.
- Ability to work independently and initiate and coordinate
projects, as well as effectively manage and collaborate with
stakeholders across functions and business lines.
- Extremely organized with a strong sense of priority, urgency
and commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritize multiple
- Ability to work independently while functioning well in a team
- Ability to understand general business operations, issues and
dynamics beyond the scope of basic legal issues.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft
Office products (Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint &
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with real estate matters.
- Experience with Workday and/or Legal Tracker (Serengeti) is a
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. Ability to understand and analyze
budget/P&L statements and manage fees/expenses on a proactive
- High level of reasoning ability required. Ability to define
problems, collect and analyze complex data and conflicting
viewpoints, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, as well as
make strategic decisions and persuasive arguments. Ability to deal
with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Occasional overnight travel is required. EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCEBachelor s degree and 3-5 years of experience or
Paralegal Certificate and 3-5 years of experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Compliance or data privacy
certifications are a plus. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESNone
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSParalegal, compliance and/or
privacy certifications preferred. PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. WORK
ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Advance Auto Parts, Richmond , Paralegal (Remote), Legal , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!